Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

dodgemania

dodgemania

Daveh

Hey I had one of those Mitsubishi Challengers back in the day.  It was a great little car.  Gas mileage was incredible.  Got 200,000 miles out of that car with not doing much to it.  Obviously not the Challenger of the day but the gas crunch was on and it worked.  Being a side distributor gravity would take over and burn the points out every few months.  I kept a couple in the glove box and when the car died I could get out and change the points in 5 minutes with no tools but a screwdriver.  Did it all by feel and when I did check they were dead on.  Those were the days.   :ohyeah:

RUNCHARGER

I suppose they were right for the times.
Sheldon

dodgemania

dodgemania

RUNCHARGER

But the 71 was MORE right with my times.
Sheldon

dodgemania

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 24, 2018, 06:58:10 AM
But the 71 was MORE right with my times.
yes i like the 1971 M28 wide front mouldings. i know it's just bling bling but i like it  :bradsthumb:

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Daveh on October 23, 2018, 06:16:16 AM
Hey I had one of those Mitsubishi Challengers back in the day.  It was a great little car.  Gas mileage was incredible.  Got 200,000 miles out of that car with not doing much to it.  Obviously not the Challenger of the day but the gas crunch was on and it worked.  Being a side distributor gravity would take over and burn the points out every few months.  I kept a couple in the glove box and when the car died I could get out and change the points in 5 minutes with no tools but a screwdriver.  Did it all by feel and when I did check they were dead on.  Those were the days.   :ohyeah:

So did I and agree with you on how cool it was. All Black the only thing was when I heard about it and then saw it the disappointment was it did not look anything like a Challenger. At least the new Challenger have a way better resemblance to the original.

71-440

Joe

Chryco Psycho

dodgemania

dodgemania

RUNCHARGER

Wow: Those torsion bars are cranked up in that new AAR.
Sheldon