Main Menu

Kid's these days...

Started by gzig5, May 22, 2019, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

I'm okay with them not knowing. I have no idea what their R2D2XpYZ engine in their foreign sardine can is either.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

gzig5

I was going to give him credit for at least guessing it was a Mopar, but I'm pretty sure that is a foreign term as well.

Spikedog08

Yeah the barracudas have been called a lot of different names . . went to a show last year and there was a 72 cuda sitting there . . . I parked mine in visual distance . . . walked up to the 2 guys standing there and said "Nice Camaro!" . . the look on their faces was priceless.  Then I pointed at my hardtop and said I brought one too!   :D   

Funny when my dad was alive, we would go to the same show which is the downtown of a local small town and sit at a pub and drink beer while watching the cars pull in.   Funny thing, he could name every car that was pre 60's and I could just about name every car that was post 60's to about 1980.  Fun times . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Quote from: Spikedog08 on May 23, 2019, 08:34:12 AM
Funny when my dad was alive, we would go to the same show which is the downtown of a local small town and sit at a pub and drink beer while watching the cars pull in.   Funny thing, he could name every car that was pre 60's and I could just about name every car that was post 60's to about 1980.  Fun times . . .

That's some good memories right there !!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

SassyAAR

Quote from: gzig5 on May 23, 2019, 07:45:02 AM
I was going to give him credit for at least guessing it was a Mopar, but I'm pretty sure that is a foreign term as well.

Funny, I literally just had this discussion with one of my new neighbors the other day. He and his wife were taking a "socially distanced" walk down the street and I had the garage open when he came by and asked if that was a "General Lee" I was working on. During the course of the conversation I had said Mopar a few times and he finally stopped me and said, "I'm sorry what is Mopar?"

I think sometimes it is easy to forget just how many more Camaros and Mustangs were built at the time and so many people may only have seen these cars on TV or not at all.  Also I think when you exist within a certain marquee for awhile things that seem obvious are actually not apparent to the uninitiated.

Reminds me of when I first had my 911, I would get a lot of "Nice Carrera" comments. Once I pulled off the Carrera badge it turned into "What kind of Porshhh is that?"