Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

I doubt it had a mod top originally but it had the top on it for a long time either way
:bigthumb:

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 22, 2019, 04:19:29 PM
I doubt it had a mod top originally but it had the top on it for a long time either way
:bigthumb:

Much nicer mod top on this one anyhow!  :D

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2019, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on February 22, 2019, 12:39:50 PM
This car was not a Mod Top (Or Floral Top in Dodge-speak) from the factory, it was done at the local zone level or at the dealer when it was new.
There was a lenghty analysis in MCG a few years back...
Neat car nevertheless.

Ben

The top was installed  at the same factory that made all the Daytonas :alan2cents:

Allan,
After reading the latest info on it, I stand corrected...  :dunno:

Looks like it was indeed done at Creative as a special order...
Can't wait to see the finished product, would be great to see it the last Wing Car reunion at Wellborn's next October!

Ben

Chryco Psycho

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

Quote from: benlavigne on February 22, 2019, 05:06:49 PM
Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2019, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on February 22, 2019, 12:39:50 PM
This car was not a Mod Top (Or Floral Top in Dodge-speak) from the factory, it was done at the local zone level or at the dealer when it was new.
There was a lenghty analysis in MCG a few years back...
Neat car nevertheless.

Ben

The top was installed  at the same factory that made all the Daytonas :alan2cents:

Allan,
After reading the latest info on it, I stand corrected...  :dunno:

Looks like it was indeed done at Creative as a special order...
Can't wait to see the finished product, would be great to see it the last Wing Car reunion at Wellborn's next October!

Ben

You can sit down if you like.... :haha:

I only know the story because a very good friend of mine, Dave Mounsey is the son of the original designer of the mod top material. It was his Father who saved the swatches of material for 50 years now. Dave is also friends with the owner of the car and remarkably nobody put two and two together until long after the car was purchased.
I can't say for sure, but I think it's finances and the fact that Cabot usually take 7-8 years to turn out a car  :headbang: ...I doubt it will be done anytime soon. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

303 Mopar

303 Mopar

Even the vert won't mess up that hair...

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Bees
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Just something about the styling of the 1969 Coronet /Bee.  Tough as nails  :inlove:

Brads70

How's your Monday going....