Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

three two barrels

three two barrels

340challconvert

Arrow Motors, a Dealership that no longer exists
They had this showroom and another one across the street
I used to pass this dealer everyday on my way to high school. I would look at muscle cars they had in he showroom; I distinctly remember a Dodge Daytona that sat there for quite a while before it was sold.
Later as I worked as a mechanic and owned a series of Dodge Challengers; I would go here to get my parts at "garage net" Wish I could do that today!   :Thud:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

three two barrels

6bblgt

three two barrels

Marty

Quote from: three two barrels on January 29, 2021, 08:04:24 PM
:lookatthat:

Nice to see that picture making its rounds on the internet. I posted it years ago in the Corvette forum.

That Superbird used to be here in the Tulsa area. A friend of mine was at a cook-out next door and noticed the wing showing above the fence and took that picture. He wasn't sure what it was so he asked the host. He was directed to go next door to ask the owner about it. So he did.

The gentleman told him all about it and that it belonged to his Son who was in the Air Force at the time and he was just storing it for him. Hemi/4 speed. He asked about it being for sale and he replied that the list was long, but it wasn't for sale. His Son had plans to restore it when he relocated to Arizona. I'm sure it's long gone by now.

That started my buddy's love for Mopars and not long afterward he bought a 1969 triple black Charger. We found it in a building north of Tulsa. Putting it back together now.

three two barrels

6bblgt

that there car be "speedy fast!!"  :burnout:

anlauto

Looks like he drove it to the neighborhood gas station to fill it up and show it off....growing up we had a station like that where everybody would hang out with their fast cars... :burnout:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

RzeroB

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 31, 2021, 06:54:20 PM
it probably "LIVED" there

Probably ... looked like it could pass everything BUT the gas pump!!  :burnout:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RzeroB on February 03, 2021, 03:18:40 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on January 31, 2021, 06:54:20 PM
it probably "LIVED" there

Probably ... looked like it could pass everything BUT the gas pump!!  :burnout:

And yet back in the day Steve was known to drive the Challenger to work fairly regularly...

RUNCHARGER

We all have to give thanks to guys like him and Jimmy Addison for giving our Mopars the street cred that they have. Pretty darn heavy hitting street cars.
Sheldon

three two barrels