Main Menu

1970 Challenger - rebuilding quarter windows - weatherstrip adhesive or ??

Started by GerryThal, July 01, 2022, 06:37:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GerryThal

Hello guys,

I am finally getting to the glass install and have some questions about the quarter glass. Do I use an adhesive on the quarter glass trim and frame assy when reassembling the quarter glass for my 70 Challenger? - In the areas indicated by the red arrows in this photo copied from another members post (thank you).

does anyone have any photos of installing the side glass trim and seals for a 1970 Challenger?

Thank you in advance for your help !!!

anlauto

I use a little urethane in those two channels, I think from the factory they were just a pressure fit...taking them apart, I've never found any signs of glue  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GerryThal

Thank you for the quick reply!! Can I use Weatherstrip adhesive, or do I need a certain type of urethane ? 

anlauto

I've used both, It can be hard to find windshield urethane in a small tube  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GerryThal

If I use weatherstrip adhesive, do I just put a thin bead the length of the bracket and trim in the bottom or Bottom and sides?

How long should I wait for the adhesive to cure after I assemble them before I install them?

Thanks again for all your help!

GerryThal

Can someone identify these parts?  They were in the bags with the quarter window hardware.

Thank you in advance!

anlauto

#1 is a rear quarter window up stop
#2 Is the rear interior panel lower support bracket that screws to the floor
#3 is the upper rear interior panel support brackets that that screw to each side

GerryThal

https://forum.e-bodies.org/Smileys/akyhne/thankyou4.gif

Thank you for getting back to me!
photo (#1) - I have looked at the quarter window diagrams and cannot find this bracket - does it mount to the body where the plastic up-stop (fastened through the glass) would bump it? do you have a photo showing where its mounted? I'm guessing some kind of rubber bumper goes on the end? 

photo (2-3) - I am looking for them in the yellow Challenger service guide...

Thank you very much for your help!