Main Menu

426 Hemi Crate Engines

Started by erik70rt, February 07, 2018, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Are the 426 crate engines still available from Mopar performance?  Or do you need to go an aftermarket route like Indy?  How about bare blocks? :notsure:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Chryco Psycho

As always Check with @mopardave
there may be some left but I think the production is shut down again but I may be wrong

erik70rt

@MoparDave

I see you have blocks listed on the website.  Do you have any in stock?

Thanks!

MoparDave

Gen2 crate hemis are long gone and a thing of the past. Mopar no longer has an engine program except for the Gen3 5.7 6.2 6.4 kits because these are production assemblies.

As for Blocks. they are in retooling and have been on back order for the past 16 months. There is NO RB or R3 340 blocks either. the only block mopar will eventually produce is the Siamese bore 426 block. We do have these on order under there new number. Even though our estimated eta is april. I am doubtful of that date.

some day we may have them. If you want to be put on the wait list. Let me know what block your looking at.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Shane Kelley

I had read somewhere where Keith Black was tooling up to make the Hemi block for Mopar. I think it was just a couple months ago I saw that.  :alan2cents:

MoparDave

KB was bought up last year and part owner is FHO. I haven't heard any news about them doing blocks , but hey who knows.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Shane Kelley

Looks like it's just the blocks and not complete engines.

erik70rt

RUNCHARGER

The fun is over IMO: The block debacle has been going on for a few years now. There may be iron block made again but to my knowledge there is nothing right now. Indy is making aluminum blocks and the KB looks to be available again pretty quick as well. Basically the lack of blocks killed the availability of crate engines unless you wanted all aluminum. Everything else is available new though.
Sheldon