Main Menu

70's snapshots, mostly Mopars

Started by Brads70, October 06, 2022, 09:13:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Fun video to watch I thought? Anyone you know in there?

anlauto

Incredible video....I was only 5-15 during the 70's, but it's likely the most impressionable time in a young boy's life...These pictures is EXACTLY how I remember my youth....maybe too young to own one, but I slide around the back seats of plenty, and went to car shows with my older brother and his friends...Thanks for the memories, Brad :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bentpshrods

That was my era. Graduated HS in 1975. Love the day 2 look of those cars. Not many of the day kept the stock wheels on for long, cragars SS--keystone---slotted mags were the cool rims of the day.  And I can remember having bell bottom pants. In junior high I had a pair of purple corduroy bell bottoms. Luckily no pictures of that exist. Here's my first car at 16 (1973), and one of my favorite sticker from the time. The car had them. That was a good time. Fun video. 

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 06, 2022, 10:10:21 AM
Incredible video....I was only 5-15 during the 70's, but it's likely the most impressionable time in a young boy's life...These pictures is EXACTLY how I remember my youth....maybe too young to own one, but I slide around the back seats of plenty, and went to car shows with my older brother and his friends...Thanks for the memories, Brad :drinkingbud:

Same here, but I was 3-13 during the 70's . My stepfather bought a brand new 71 Challenger ( yellow 318/3 speed manual) and a Chrysler bow rider boat. I spent a lot of time in the back seat of that Challenger. I remember drive inns, road trips to see family etc... and rummaging around in an alligator skin ( fake) covered 8 track case in the backseat and thinking Don Mcleans American pie 8 track with the American flag thumb was pretty cool along with the Guess Who 8 track. Great era to grow up in, better if I was 10 years older though? 
Now I'm afraid I wouldn't fit to comfortably in the back seat  :)

70vert

Some great pics, thanks for sharing.

So reminds me of my youth (:  Bought my first car my senior year of high school in '73, the 69 Satellite pictured below. Even though it was just a 318 I hooked on Mopar and at one point had 5 of them, drag raced 2 (wife drove my GTX). I really need to go thru boxes and get some photos scanned!

mccannix

Yep, I can relate to that...my age group.

At 3:52 is a member and his 70 Cuda 440-6 that was talked about here recently

anlauto

I thought that was the same car at 3:52.....I've watched the whole video three times now...

It was that impression made on me way back then that inspired me to do this to the "World Famous Barrelcuda"  :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

BIGSHCLUNK

Thanks Brad! A great way to start my day. Lordy, that is my era, graduated in 72. I cant help but wonder how many have survived

mccannix

Here's a couple of my 72 Cuda 340 in 1973 when I was 21...day two look.. Cragars with spinners, big Pro-Trac 50's, Hooker headers and exhaust with Dragster style zoomies exiting in front of rear tires, tach on dash ( how could I have drilled that pad  :headbang:,)
factory AAR spoiler I installed and Cuda decal script between the tips panel....340 all done up.
Those were fun times.