Main Menu

'71 Cuda in a box

Started by johnr, December 30, 2019, 09:03:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

johnr

:thinking:      Do you remember the '71 Cuda that I had salvaged from Coos Bay in Oregon ?   I still wish I had been able to keep that one for my own toy. Does anyone know, for sure, where that car ended up ? A year later, I do hope it is well on it's way to being resurrected.
--  johnr  --

Shoooter

I dont remember this one? Was it the blue one that was maybe a shaker car?

Morty426

How much rust do you get sitting in Coos Bay? 

I have a 71 Challenger 340 that came out of Portland and it's as rust free as you can get.  However that is not Coos Bay. 

Cuda Cody

6bblgt

John asked for any updates in the original thread a couple of days ago, with no responses  :dunno: I have nothing to add

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/poor-lost-cuda/4316/

Shoooter

Yup that's the one I was thinking about.  Didnt it go coast to coast after being flipped

johnr

That's the one. It was supposed to be a numbers matching car when I salvaged it in pieces. Most of the pieces were in a garage and in pretty good shape. The body shell was outside on the bay front (better condition than I would have guessed). It was 90% complete (give or take) and all OEM stuff. Unfortunately, the car turned out to have no title (which I did eventually get free & clear) and no dash pad with the original V.I.N. plate, no  :('fender tag or build sheet. I last saw the car leaving my driveway on a flatbed tow truck leaving to Portland to be loaded into an enclosed transport to New York. :('
--  johnr  --