Main Menu

Absolutly can not wait...

Started by anlauto, April 12, 2019, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Banana on May 10, 2019, 05:44:39 PM
- saw first Star Wars in '77 and was stunned in amazement
- stood in line 3+ hours for opening night of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.....Empire Best of the Bunch, Jedi OK
- Next 3 Star Wars sucked....biggest dissapointment...acting (especially Anakin and Padme), story, and special effects were horrible
- Last 2 were very good....much better
- Liked Rogue One and Solo
- Hope next one is amazing.....but we always do :banana:

Pretty much sums it up for me...I don't even remember seeing the "next three" at the theatre. In 1999 I would have been in my early 30's and not at all interested....it wouldn't be until around ten years ago when I watched them with my kids on DVD for the first time and that kind of rekindled the force in me....my kids and I like all the movies lately and can't wait for the next one(s) :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on May 31, 2019, 11:04:19 PM
Alan can't wait to:  Travel to CALIFORNIA   :crazytalk:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/disney-vacations/star-wars-galaxys-edge-inside-look

Yea...saw that on the news...pretty cool....I would love to go....just can't afford to travel anywhere    :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

I have a friend who is a Disney photographer. Follow on FB his travels around the world for them. There is plenty of excitement for the crews right now. I have never seen him personally more excited for a new attraction.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Topcat

I bet it takes 2 or even 3 years before crowds/demand come down in size.

Heck it might never slow up.

I heard you need to reserve a package from the Disneyland resort just to get reservations for the exhibit.

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on June 01, 2019, 04:48:40 PM
I bet it takes 2 or even 3 years before crowds/demand come down in size.

Heck it might never slow up.

I heard you need to reserve a package from the Disneyland resort just to get reservations for the exhibit.

Yup it will be busy for years to come.  Our local amusement park open up the WORLD'S fastest and tallest roller coaster this year....you can expect to spend the entire day just waiting in line  :angry:

anlauto

I know haters are goin to hate.....But I was able to get fairly decent tickets for opening weekend next month....I had to go to a different city to get them, but that's okay....Didn't like the $70 (for four) price either....but it will be our Christmas present to ourselves... :rofl:

Brads70

Thought of you Alan.... I had a customer that is a HUGE Star Wars fan. He asked if I had seen
" The Mandalorian"    I came home and watched a few episodes on my Kodi box . I have to admit it was pretty good. Just thought I'd mention it maybe you haven't heard of it?  I always liked the  Boba Fett character the best. This is (I assume?) prior to Boba Fett but explains where he came from.....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/

@anlauto

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/videoplayer/vi1809694489?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Topcat

Quote from: Brads70 on November 29, 2019, 05:11:54 PM

Thought of you Alan.... I had a customer that is a HUGE Star Wars fan. He asked if I had seen
" The Mandalorian"    I came home and watched a few episodes on my Kodi box . I have to admit it was pretty good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/

@anlauto

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/videoplayer/vi1809694489?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Hey I know that guy Man!

He plays on the Bud Light Platinum commercials.   :haha:

anlauto

Yes...I know about it, my son and I would like to watch it....but right now I can not see paying another $8.99/month for the Disney Channel...we already pay extra to have Netflix.

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on November 29, 2019, 05:51:16 PM
Yes...I know about it, my son and I would like to watch it....but right now I can not see paying another $8.99/month for the Disney Channel...we already pay extra to have Netflix.

Just loading up chapter 4 now....  :P  Look into Kodi..... its a one time thing for me? $125 3 -4 years ago now...... needs to get updated from time to time?

Topcat

A friend gave me his point of view on the entire Star Wars episodes:

He felt the first one's (late 70's' to  80's) are different than these new one's that are recently released.

Old School's related better to the earlier one's; vs. the later generations to the more recent releases.

Spikedog08

Not long now . . Does it open the same day in Canada . . December 20th?   Most of the tickets are gone for the weekend that it opens but I plan a afternoon show on probably Tuesday . . .which is Christmas Eve.  My wife may interfere with this but I'm gonna try.  Think it was $6 dollars . . Power recliners and they serve beer.  lol
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

We're going on the 22nd , best I could get  :banana:

JS29

I have never seen a single star wars movie, and i was around for the first one.  :stop: