Main Menu

AMERICAN MADE = UPDATE...

Started by anlauto, June 20, 2022, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 24, 2022, 07:40:55 AM
It takes years to get a good reputation in business, not as long to turn that into a bad reputation. It's one thing to make people wait a year for your product, it's another thing to make them pay in advance for the product but when you ship an inferior product on top of all that you're heading to the bottom faster than you know.

EXACTLY, and that's why I was really surprised to see this from the most reputable Interior company out there, Legendary Auto Interiors
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

440WB

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 24, 2022, 07:40:55 AM
It takes years to get a good reputation in business, not as long to turn that into a bad reputation. It's one thing to make people wait a year for your product, it's another thing to make them pay in advance for the product but when you ship an inferior product on top of all that you're heading to the bottom faster than you know.

How true that is!
for my case the Plant Manager before me has his 17 year record with the original 2 owners
they decided to sell - to stay on for 5 years part time helping the new owner. In turn, the VP
was in control with my 2 years before he came along.
I remember with Ford after 3 Rejections I had held my ground and made sure I spent the extra time
checking each part myself. Ford still sent back rejections for a couple months perfect sent out parts.

In order to re-gain the trust - I called them, set up an Inspection Meeting -
Bringing my gift offering of a couple Canadian Bacon stacks:
Brought MY Joe Block Gauges with other measurement tools to show them my knowledge,
how I was checking in their envoirment.  They used their tools to find out I was correct within specs.

Things got smoothed over and was fine after that...

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Lots of work to regain trust. I hope Legendary gets a grip on their deal real quick. I have trusted them for at least 30 years. They've been very consistent over that time, the last 5 years though the wait times have been increasing so you know something is not as it was. Likely older employees tiring out, owners not wanting to expand but rather retire, young people not wanting to learn the trade, losing material sources etc. who knows.
Sheldon

440WB

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 24, 2022, 08:09:35 AM
Yes: Lots of work to regain trust. I hope Legendary gets a grip on their deal real quick. I have trusted them for at least 30 years. They've been very consistent over that time, the last 5 years though the wait times have been increasing so you know something is not as it was. Likely older employees tiring out, owners not wanting to expand but rather retire, young people not wanting to learn the trade, losing material sources etc. who knows.

as you said - new hires not caring thinking its good enough

possibly older knowledgeable people leaving - taking there hard learned over the years trade secret's with them!
I've seen people do that - often taking the molds - fixtures they have made - even seen one guy destroy on purpose
because he was in a bad mood when he quit over a long earned raise never received -

sometimes when a company gets behind they will Job out some orders = which could create possible problems ?

new management cutting hours?

last time I ordered was 14 years ago -
one would think if they do have that many orders to fill they would make some kind of effort to better the system ?

anlauto

Well...guess what....Today is exactly one month later and I received my "new" replacement convertible boot....

Thanks to a small error on the labelling, I paid ANOTHER $110 in brokerage and tax when replacement parts should be tax free....

BUT....that was the least of my problems....

It showed up today....I open the box....and inside.....IS THE EXACT SAME DEFECTIVE PART I sent back to them :verymad: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

I know it's the same part. because I put a small red X on the label before sending it back...and it's there ! :looney:

So a third one is on the way...and I'll likely have to pay taxes and brokerage on that one too :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on July 20, 2022, 04:20:38 PM
Well...guess what....Today is exactly one month later and I received my "new" replacement convertible boot....

Thanks to a small error on the labelling, I paid ANOTHER $110 in brokerage and tax when replacement parts should be tax free....

BUT....that was the least of my problems....

It showed up today....I open the box....and inside.....IS THE EXACT SAME DEFECTIVE PART I sent back to them :verymad: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

I know it's the same part. because I put a small red X on the label before sending it back...and it's there ! :looney:

So a third one is on the way...and I'll likely have to pay taxes and brokerage on that one too :bigmoney:

To hell with that, Legendary needs to cover every cent of the cost for screwing it up.... twice. If they dont, I'd call my credit card company, if thats how you paid.

cuda hunter

On the bright side, you are going to be getting the correct part next time. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 20, 2022, 04:54:25 PM
On the bright side, you are going to be getting the correct part next time.

WEEEEELLLLL GUESS WHAT ????? :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

The new one arrived yesterday and it is defective as well....it's missing the same piping to install it to the seat.....That's two F**ked up ones I have here now.....but this time Classic Industries didn't believe me so they are going to contact Legendary to see if it is actually supposed to be part of the boot  :crazytalk: fricken idiots....now this will waste another week :bricks:

71vert340

How many of those have they sent out like that? The black piping welt is sewn on 4 inches from where it should be. Every time I think of pulling out my original and putting in a new one, I see something like this. Are they still using the all-plastic clips around the outer edge to snap it down instead of the ones with the metal insert? How does the all-plastic clips sit with the show point restoration people? Just curious.
Terry W.

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on July 30, 2022, 11:44:37 AM
How many of those have they sent out like that? The black piping welt is sewn on 4 inches from where it should be. Every time I think of pulling out my original and putting in a new one, I see something like this. Are they still using the all-plastic clips around the outer edge to snap it down instead of the ones with the metal insert? How does the all-plastic clips sit with the show point restoration people? Just curious.
Terry W.

NO, the above picture is of two boots on top of each other, one with the piping and the one without...The clips around the edge work, but not very well. :alan2cents:

71vert340

Ok, got the photo thing. If they screw up another one, I'd take one to a reputable upholstery shop to have the piping sewn on and keep the other one as a payment toward the shipping cost of their mistake. I'd get that spare that one repaired also. I have a bunch of the metal inserted clips but I'm hesitant to have them sewn into a new boot cover like Legendary. If the company would send the boot without the all plastic clips, I'd have a local place here use mine and sew them in.
Terry W.

70 Top Banana

I agree with you on a local shop,  but Legendary should return your money or a big hunk of it

340Challman

Quote from: 440WB on June 23, 2022, 06:18:47 AM
how true that is - for me as a plant manager for a tool cutting operation back in the 80's
even back then due to employee issues. New company V.P. had instructed me to let
10% of our known product flaws to go out the door in our blanket orders.
His idea was to wait and see what they find.
:whiteflag:

That's the kind of stuff that really fires me up. Knowingly sending out defects. Betting on the percentages. How many will go totally unnoticed.  :pullinghair:
But, whatcha gonna do? It's been going on as long as there have been products for sale and will continue until there aren't. So I just  :drinkingbud: and move on.  :)
Kevin