Main Menu

Another Proud Parent moment....

Started by anlauto, June 02, 2020, 02:19:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

When your 19 year old son buys his first brand new car :) https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/toronto-man-drives-new-car-221-km-h-before-crashing-it-in-cambridge-opp/ar-BB14VkEW?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

....and on the day he picks it up, he's clocked at 221KM/h before rolling it in a ditch and totaling it  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73_Cuda_4_Me

73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Never mind the charges he'll likely face, imagine paying for a car for the next five years, that may not even be fixable  :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

I doubt he'll be making payments. If you're 19 and buy a brand new car then my guess is that mommy and daddy are paying for it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

Why, Don't they have collision insurance in Canada?

anlauto

Typically if you're charged with dangerous driving or what they like to call "stunt driving" here in Ontario, your insurance becomes quickly null and void :dunno:

JS29

Here in the USA the insurance would pay for the car, then cancel there insurance policy. Than they are in the risk pool. :bigmoney:

oldmoparbuff

WOW!

In freedom units that 221km/h is 137 mph.

Itl buff right out.

Glad he wasn't injured.

One day, while at work, my then 17 year old son, called me to ask if I could help him fix his flat tire.

What he didn't mention was he was in someones front yard, and the front tire was off the rim.
Needless to say I had to make a trip home for proper tools.

Made him leave a note on the door that he would be back to repair all the damage to lawn.