Main Menu

Proud Father Momment!

Started by Cudajason, August 18, 2018, 06:22:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

As some of you know, my 18 yo daughter was recently selected to compete as part of team Canada at the Pan Am Karate Championships in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. My wife and her flew out this morning for 10 days.

She has worked very hard this year, earned her Black Belt, medaled at the Canadian Nationals and Graduated High School with a 92% average.

She is a great kid, and makes us very proud, but this accomplishment and the opportunity to represent our country competing in a sport she loves is something I never would have imagined. Regardless of the outcome of this tournament, I could not be more proud of her!

I have not seen anything make her smile as much as she has been the last few weeks!

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Swamp Donkey

Right on CudaJason!  Sounds like she will do Canada proud!

I have a 16 year old boy, and a 13 year old girl.  It's always nice when I see them succeed or get reports back that they are good kids.  The kids can be a little frustrating every now and then.  But when I really look at things, it's all really minor things.

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

RUNCHARGER

Outstanding. What a terrific experience for her.
Sheldon

ToxicWolf

That's fantastic.  Don't forget to post some pictures.  :banana:

Dakota

Congrats!  The focus and dedication that your daughter has to have to compete at that level speaks well for her upbringing and her future. :ohyeah:

Cuda Cody

BIGSHCLUNK

soundcontrol

Congrats! Thats a great sport for a girl, my best friends daughter just won silver in World championship in MMA, and he is super proud, I know the feeling when your kids succeed, its the best thing in the world!

CNUMB

Bullitt-

:twothumbsup: Awesome .... Always heard the Nut don't fall far from the Tree...
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

mopar thunder

That's AWESOME  :woohoo: Best of luck to her.

750-h2

cj

That is awesome!  Hope she enjoys the experience.

71-440

Congratulations and best of luck to her! That's very cool!

What style of Karate does she practice?
Joe

jimynick

Jas, I hope the girls flying down to Rio thing all works out and that your daughter wins the whole she-bang!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"