M25-body sill moldings
M26-wheel lip moldings
M31-belt moldings door/ quarter
R21-am/fm solid state
V5x-body side protective moldings with vinyl insert - black
V7x-accent stripes longitudinal paint - black
28-28" radiator width
END
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

replaced original orange passengers fender.  Rusted in each spot.  Looks like it had been on it for a while as it had as much rust as the drivers side.
  Most of car had white showing under the green paint. 
  Opera windows are poorly installed.  someone didn't want to put the vinyl roof back on and they just filled all the edges of the opera windows with bondo. 
  Rear floors are toast.  Front floors had some rust but not sure how bad.  rear bumper can literally be seen through.  Front bumper not as bad, but would have been that bad had it been in Wisconsin for another year or two.  Each rear fender at rear of tire's are gone.  No longer connecting to the inner.  Top of wheel wells felt ok and didn't have holes.  did not look in the trunk.  Buuuut,  I would say with everything else being rusted away, there is no trunk.  The gas tank looked ok on the bottom but had some rusting coming down from above.  Front of each rear tire has holes and bondo.  And leaves.    Both front fenders have issues both on tops and on dog legs, by the hindge mounts both top and on side.  Buldge hood has a dent on the passengers side of the buldge that has cracked the paint on it.  The bottom side has one support just literally falling apart.  I separated it a few inch's from the hood with my hands.  There is more rust on the hood but it wasn't so bad when I put my hand up into the slots and what not.  I did put my fingers into each hole I could reach on the frame rails. Didn't feel half as bad as some of the cuda's I have had.  Doors don't shut well, have to assume there is some rust damage in the hinges and pins.  Doors have some rust but paint covers a lot of it.   The two floor halves have rusted apart.  Tranny crossmember appeared ok.  k frame wasn't rusted apart.  all 4 frame rails were in tact and in pretty good shape really.   It was an undercoat car. 
  Whole interior was painted green.  Over all the white.  Missing some trim windshield bottoms.  buldge hood rear trim is dented and won't stay on about half of hood.
  I really didn't have a lot of time to pick the car apart.  Well, I did get to pick up part of the rear floor when it was driven back into its sitting place.  This was my second time driving a B body.  About 100 foot.  Just less than my first time.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I know, it's not a cuda.  Someone find me a cuda that is close, is not 40,000 and still has a fender tag and I will be glad to go check it out and take some pictures and decode an ebody tag. 

It's just not too often I have a car for sale, a mopar non the less, within an hour of me.  So I had to go and at least consider it.

It's a true Wisconsin car.

Nice fella, Towed it out here from Wisconsin.  I think he understands he is in over his head with this car.  I explained that being a 318 car there is no one in their right mind who would take that car apart and put it back together again after blasting everything off of the car. You would spend 40K in restoration to have a car that is worth 25.  Maybe.  Not really, white 318.  Not really.

it does have longitudinal stripes !!

Chryco Psycho

I loved my 71 Charger , it drives a lot like the E body , it was so clean through the air , the aero was perfect , comfortable & a great ride , wish I could have kept it , probably should have given what I got for it , I could have parted out the car for far more than I got for it by why part it out ?, 20k in paint & body , absolutely rust free & solid , all of the brakes & suspension & driveline was rebuilt , the only thing not restored was the front seats as I was going to install race seats , 50k spent on it . gone but not forgotten .

RUNCHARGER

71-2 Chargers are dear to me heart, I love them and they drive great. My very first car was a 1 year old 73 Charger SE with a 400. Do not buy this car, the money is not there and it will never be there. If you like the 3-4 Chargers the only way to buy one would be to purchase one in mint shape that did not need any restoring whatsoever.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 07, 2018, 07:01:10 PM
71-2 Chargers are dear to me heart, I love them and they drive great. My very first car was a 1 year old 73 Charger SE with a 400. Do not buy this car, the money is not there and it will never be there. If you like the 3-4 Chargers the only way to buy one would be to purchase one in mint shape that did not need any restoring whatsoever.

And is a big block car.  With all kinds of rare options. 

It appears that the value on these cars are in the duster range.  Pretty low. 

RUNCHARGER

To be honest I think the 73-74 cars are lower valued than a same year Duster, especially the small block ones. Honestly I like them just fine but they have to be bought very carefully is all.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 07, 2018, 06:49:17 PM
I know, it's not a cuda.  Someone find me a cuda that is close, is not 40,000 and still has a fender tag and I will be glad to go check it out and take some pictures and decode an ebody tag. 

It's just not too often I have a car for sale, a mopar non the less, within an hour of me.  So I had to go and at least consider it.

It's a true Wisconsin car.

Nice fella, Towed it out here from Wisconsin.  I think he understands he is in over his head with this car.  I explained that being a 318 car there is no one in their right mind who would take that car apart and put it back together again after blasting everything off of the car. You would spend 40K in restoration to have a car that is worth 25.  Maybe.  Not really, white 318.  Not really.

it does have longitudinal stripes !!

I've spent a good amount of time the Denver/Golden area for work, I see allot of Mopar's... I have family up in Fort Collins, again I see allot of Mopar's...
I've spent some time around Boulder, same deal... 303 Mopar seems to bring home some nice cars... So apparently your in the wrong part of Colorado...   

71vert340

I paid $1200 for my 74 Charger Rallye HP360 auto with no rust. I'm in the process of going through it but no body panels/parts needed except for the vinyl top. limited engine work needed and it's B5 blue like my 71 vert. I drove the car as my daily driver for years. I rebuilt the engine which now has about 40k miles on it. Trans was rebuilt about the same time. Numbers matching engine. I actually like driving it better than my 71 convertible.
Terry

Chryco Psycho

Interesting , a different Blue mix , K B 5

71vert340

Yes, a little different blue tint. It specifies a white vinyl top. When I bought the car in 1987, it had a black top. When I removed the top, it was installed as a black top, not dyed. The car has a black side Rallye stripe. I'm debating if I should install a white top. My wife says "No". Too hard to keep clean. Haven't ordered the top yet. Has the first year option grid type rear window defrost. I may have made a mistake in replacing the rubber body Iso-mounts with a kit that had the aluminum mounts. I haven't driven the car since I did that.
Terry

Chryco Psycho

:Replacing the iso mounts is one of the first things I would do , up to that point all Mopars had rigid mount K frames