Main Menu

Anyone a Honda/mini bike fan?

Started by kawahonda, May 26, 2019, 09:10:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Fired up my big bore 88cc CT-70 K0 last night....needs some carb tuning but so far so good....

Also have a blue K3 CT70. They look really good next to the Challenger! Have lots of other classic Hondas too...

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

1 Wild R/T

Had an HK1 in Candy Yellow for years...  A buddy twisted my arm & I let him have it........ I ride my Bar Stool more than I ever rode the CT so I haven't really missed it...

I looked for a picture of the Honda but couldn't find it quickly & don't have an hour to search so you get a picture of the barstool..

Cuda Cody

cuda hunter

That bar stool is really cool ! 

The others as well. Pretty cool models you have there.

I'm a Honda XR guy. Have 5 of em. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

The bar stool has been watered down a bunch since it was first built, (I was in my 20's)originally it ran on alcohol & would power the wheels up at 35+ MPH & topped out at about 45... Then when I was in my mid 30's I put a smaller cam, lowered the compression & took it off alcohol plus changed gearing... It would still do over 25 MPH in a wheelie... Latest version is a stock Harbor Freight knock off Honda 190 & even less gear...  It'll still pop wheelies but it tops out at around 18 MPH... I'm 60 now, I don't need to kill myself...LOL

I have a short video of me riding a wheelie on it but video's will not post here... 

kawahonda

You should... that video is cool...

Btw, I'm expecting my red one to top out at 47 MpH...and look bone stock. :]

Topcat

Those Honda Bikes are worth some pretty good money.

Saw one sell on Mecum last week for crazy money.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: kawahonda on May 27, 2019, 09:15:50 AM
You should... that video is cool...

Btw, I'm expecting my red one to top out at 47 MpH...and look bone stock. :]

You've got the video, and the ability... I've never succeeded in posting a video on a forum....

philze

Some call it a sickness. I call in therapy!!  I have 6 running CT70's and 2 Z50's.  5 auto, 3 manual and maybe 4 more waiting in the barn.

Nothing is more fun than a bunch of buddies coming over with  :drinkingbud:  to play 70 soccer!! :veryexcited:

if a wipe out happens you just stand up. Even the wives have a get into it. :bradsthumb:    always a good time  :ohyeah:

kawahonda

Honda 70 was 1st ride way ago, still would like to have one but prices are crazy.

kawahonda

It used to be only a few years ago you could score one, original, with title, for $800-1100 that easily had the potential to run with some minor work.

The CT70 K0 was $800-900, and it didn't run and was a basket case, albiet, all original and all there.  The topaz picture was it when I brought it home. Wouldn't start. Rat made a test under the tank. But it's all there. Yes, I changed it to Candy Apple red, but part of me is wondering why I did that. I guess Candy Apple is the most preferred color...

The blue one I bought and simply added fuel, replaced the ignition, rebuilt the carb, and she runs nice and strong.

Those days are long gone. These are good to keep on the lookout for. They are NOT cheap! I wouldn't take any less than $3,000 for any of these bikes....

kawahonda

Not mini bikes, but I also restored these. Still have the orange one....btw, that's a Mopar paint color...wonder if anyone can guess it....and I used classic Honda grey on the fenders as opposed to chrome. A "retro-mod" one may say, but still very much original.

kawahonda

Randy and his bar stool. Like a boss. Always fun and awesome to watch. @1 Wild R/T

My CT70 K0 will be able to do this soon....on the way to a bike show. LOL

[video]https://forum.e-bodies.org/gallerypics/videos/2011_27_05_19_4_04_51.mov[/video]

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee