Main Menu

Anyone care to share some jokes parents play on their kids, or teasing.....

Started by spiritbird65, November 14, 2017, 06:34:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

spiritbird65

A lot of parents like to tease their kids or get their goat somehow so I just thought it would be fun to share some stories in here of a few good ones that may have gone down with a few chuckles or gut wrenching belly laughs!

Our daughter seems to be a pretty easy target for her dads sense of humor through the years. To describe her briefly.... on her upside.....she just recently hit her teens, getting very picky in styles and clothing but she is overall a very good kid and straight A student making the honor roll each year and was also invited to join the national honor society. Overall I am super proud of her. She has always been one of those kids who is an example setter and would finger wag and give a lecture to anyone at school who was not doing the right thing, the teachers just love her.

On the downside and what I feel draws her fathers humor out the most is that she herself is very analytical, too intelligent beyond her years but with an extremely dry sense of humor. She really needs to learn to laugh at herself and acquire a bit of self deprication like her father and I,  which will add a bit more of an appeal to her personality.  She is also a bit of a germaphobe and will call out anyone who so much as clears their throat without covering their mouth or heaven forbid a sneeze slip out suddenly and you can't quite make it there to cover it with a tissue or your sleeve during allergy season. You will incur the wrath of my child and receive a tongue lashing you won't soon forget that can last for hours it seems.

Anyhow, her father has always wanted to get her goat with this and has been begging me to play a role in a joke he's always wanted to play. So far I have not caved in although I do giggle hysterically whenever he mentions it. What he would like me be a part of is a joke that I just know we'd never hear the end of from my daughter. Ocassionally I will go into our upstairs bathroom in the evenings (which is a very huge bathroom) to sweep up some of the cat litter our kitties kicked outside their pan. This I will usually routinely do each evening. My daughter will have the curtain drawn while she takes her occasional bath because she usually prefers showers. Anyhow as I'm wisking up the litter he would like me to incur one of her tirades that she gives freely by fake sneezing. When I feel her lecture has hit it's crecendo and I can't take anymore he would like me to sneak up a piece of a "Twix" candy bar that I will throw over the shower curtain into her bath water. So she will think it's a piece of what I am sweeping up around the litter pan, a dingle berry from one of the kitties. When i think about this it makes my gut ache with laughter and at times I feel with all the lectures we've incurred she deserves it, and we deserve a good gut buster  :rofl:....but I just to this day don't know if she'd forgive me....Please feel free to weigh in on this one :notsure: And share some stories of your own.   

Cudakiller70

Did the baby Ruth candy bar in the pool last year, I swam over carefully picked it up with pool leaf net looked at it then ate it. Got that from my mom who was a nurse and they had a Richard Cranium of a doctor. Only they chewed it up, put in a diaper. Then said Doctor this baby has a problem, opening the diaper then one of them eat a piece.

spiritbird65

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on November 14, 2017, 08:06:55 PM
Did the baby Ruth candy bar in the pool last year, I swam over carefully picked it up with pool leaf net looked at it then ate it. Got that from my mom who was a nurse and they had a Richard Cranium of a doctor. Only they chewed it up, put in a diaper. Then said Doctor this baby has a problem, opening the diaper then one of them eat a piece.

Oh wow! That would even skeeve me out!

Yeah, I felt it would be a bit much. Just a few harmless jokes here and there through the years but I felt the Twix bar idea may push an envelope. Although she has played some pretty good ones on us through the years that I didn't share here....but if I did share them the idea may actually get some sympathy votes. All is fun by her as long as the jokes on someonelse.