Main Menu

Bought another - 1969 Dart sedan - It runs!

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, September 11, 2018, 07:32:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

This car popped up locally for $1,000 and for some reason I couldn't pass it up. It appears very solid other than a few bangs and bruises.

1969 Dart- 318, 904, air conditioning and power steering. I'll likely clean things up and shoot some new color on it. I haven't decided if we will keep it around and drive it, or sell it perhaps for a little more when I'm through with it. I know these 4drs aren't sought after, but I kinda dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Spikedog08

Nice 4 door dart Goody!  What are the plans for this?  Knowing you . . . something cool!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 11, 2018, 07:45:56 AM
Nice 4 door dart Goody!  What are the plans for this?  Knowing you . . . something cool!   :bigthumb:

Thanks. Unfortunately it won't be too exotic. Really just cleaning up what is there and freshen the car up, not a "restoration" by anyone's definition.

There's a good chance I'll do a fitech efi and my wife would run around town in it on nice days.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Burdar

Check FABO on the door panels.  You can usually find someone selling decent 4-door sets.  Are you going to try and find a replacement trim piece for the front fender or delete all the side trim?

dave73

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Burdar on September 11, 2018, 08:16:01 AM
Check FABO on the door panels.  You can usually find someone selling decent 4-door sets.  Are you going to try and find a replacement trim piece for the front fender or delete all the side trim?

Thanks. I'll take a look. Id like to keep the trim, both fender trims are missing. I found a 1968 pair on eBay but I'm not sure if they are the same.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

HP2

Nearly any clapped out, cancer ridden, POS is worth a few grand in parts. Get it running smooth, slap some paint on it, and you may be able to flip it for $5k.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Mpdlawdog

my son has the same car except in green!  :burnout:...6cy auto..under the car is rust free...trunk floor pans rails...the quarters and rockers and the pass inner fender are rotted!  I dont get it!!  Just sits...he will never do anything to it...he has a wrx he spends all his time and money on...

GoodysGotaCuda

Back at the stable. Looks like someone attempted to get it running again but fell short. The coil is dismounted, fuel line to the tank is unhooked and a long line hanging off of the fuel pump exists [to a gas can, likely]. Would this car have come with electronic ignition? ECU looks new and I figured it would have been points in '69.

I likely won't get a chance to try to fire it up until next week. Until then, I need to get some brake parts coming as well. Pedal goes to the floor, new master and wheel cylinders coming soon to a Dart near you [or far]

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Points stock, ECU added... Super cool to see momma out working on the project.. :twothumbsup:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 11, 2018, 06:23:06 PM
Points stock, ECU added... Super cool to see momma out working on the project.. :twothumbsup:

Thanks.

She'll do more supervising as I get to digging into it, but she is a Mopar girl. She drove a '79 Li'l Red Express through high school.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

6bblgt

273 was STANDARD in the '69 Dart Custom V8, sure it's a 318?  "D" VS. "F" in 5th digit of VIN

all were 2bbl & with A/C got the 5.5" wide wheels  :bigthumb: is that R6 "red" exterior?  got a fender tag pic?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 11, 2018, 07:22:03 PM
273 was STANDARD in the '69 Dart Custom V8, sure it's a 318?  "D" VS. "F" in 5th digit of VIN

all were 2bbl & with A/C got the 5.5" wide wheels  :bigthumb: is that R6 "red" exterior?  got a fender tag pic?

The previous owner had the build sheet but can't seem to find it, I presume the fender tag is with it as well...so I'm not sure what color it really is. It was certainly a true "red", in my book.

The intake is an Edelbrock along with the eddie carb. For some reason someone decided to put a remote oil filter setup on it, we'll see if the engine has anything else done to it when I get it going.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

6bblgt

first pic looked "bronze" on my monitor, but the jambs look "red" = R6 (ER6)

looks like - upgraded to 318 & all vinyl interior (H2T)
plus A/C (is that clear glass??), power steering & a radio