Main Menu

California Gold Rush is back on

Started by Topcat, March 07, 2017, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

With all the rain and snow pack of 20 feet plus; gold hunters are ramping up for some good finds.
With rivers swollen, Gold is being displaced to be discovered.

After the last big rains, small chunks of gold were being found along the edges of creeks in the Sierras.

Placer county is the number one place for finding it.

Look at this huge chunk found last year.
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/man-finds-gold-nugget-California/2016/09/09/id/747443/

Cuda Cody

Pretty cool!  I always thought it would be cool to pan for some gold.  I watch that Gold Rush show and see it's not very easy to find the yellow.

Topcat

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 07, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
Pretty cool!  I always thought it would be cool to pan for some gold.  I watch that Gold Rush show and see it's not very easy to find the yellow.

Once you start and find any, you get addicted.

When I lived up there, I talked to locals that said they were making $200-$500 a day.
They used vacuums on the bottom pulling up material and  running it thru a sluce box.

One guy wore a scuba suit while the other was running the sluce.

Cuda Cody

That's exactly what they do on that show called Bering Sea Gold.  Dive down to the bottom of the sea and vacuum up pay to run through the sluce.  I watch that show too.  :banana:

Quote from: Topcat on March 07, 2017, 09:01:01 PM

When I lived up there, I talked to locals that said they were making $200-$500 a day.
They used vacuums on the bottom pulling up material and  running it thru a sluce box.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 07, 2017, 09:29:33 PM
That's exactly what they do on that show called Bering Sea Gold.  Dive down to the bottom of the sea and vacuum up pay to run through the sluce.  I watch that show too.  :banana:

Quote from: Topcat on March 07, 2017, 09:01:01 PM

I watch it too, on tonight.  :veryexcited:

I always thought it would be fun to spend some time in Colorado panning for Au.  I'd also like to hunt for some gems, anyone watch "Prospectors" when it was on? 

Cuda Cody

Don't think I've seen that one.  Is it still on TV? 

Quote from: fc7cuda on March 08, 2017, 05:26:28 AM
anyone watch "Prospectors" when it was on?

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha! I don't have enough patience for block sanding let alone panning for gold!
Sheldon

fc7cuda

https://weather.com/tv/shows/prospectors

Unfortunately it doesn't appear TWC is filming new episodes.   :crying: