Main Menu

Chrysler Mechanic Award Trophy in the 70's

Started by Topcat, August 19, 2017, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

The Chrysler/Plymouth dealers Trouble Shooting contest was a pretty big deal with high school vocational auto programs up until maybe the 90s. As schools started killing of vo/tech programs, dealer sponsorship disappeared.

Topcat

Quote from: HP2 on August 21, 2017, 07:52:38 AM
The Chrysler/Plymouth dealers Trouble Shooting contest was a pretty big deal with high school vocational auto programs up until maybe the 90s. As schools started killing of vo/tech programs, dealer sponsorship disappeared.

De Anza College where I went had it.

The Dart is still around they used then.

Rich G.

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on August 20, 2017, 07:08:00 PM
I was awarded this for restoring so many E Bodies.... :rofl:

Member @mccannix just sold one of these trophies on Moparts.....too bad he didn't think to list it here for sale :crying: Did anybody here get it ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

Quote from: HP2 on August 21, 2017, 07:52:38 AM

I was in New Rochelle High School Vocational Auto Shop and in 1969 I was in the Plymouth trouble Shooting contest in N.Y
The Local Chrysler / Plymouth Dealer wanted to hired me after school was over.
Bob

mccannix

I have a lot of them but the 71 that I just sold was a double.
It had some flaking but was still nice.
I have had some as late as 1989
I display the 66-72 ones...good years and only have one of each.
The 70 Trouble shooting contest award is cool as it has a 70 Cuda with the blue background
( gotta get these down and dust off )

mccannix

Alan ...you have the trouble shooting award but have yet to achieve this ......or have you ?? :1place:

VCODE

Real Nice Terry. I don't know what happened to my 1969 Plymouth trouble shooting stuff. :pullinghair: I still have some awards from the old days when I worked at Chrysler/ Plymouth & Dodge Dealers.
Bob