Main Menu

New Favourite Show! Adam 12

Started by Mopsquad, February 01, 2021, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

I missed it the first time around and now that MeTV is playing it in season sequence, I'm really digging it!  I mean its so groooovy man! I mean far out!

Seriously, carspotting, the themes (which are so similar to these days), the quality of the acting and character development, and production is so entertaining.   I can't get enough of this show.  I'm on season 2 and those two officers (off duty) just fought off a hippy motorcycle gang while off duty and Reed's wife in tow about to give birth.  Riveting!!

Rich G.

That was my favorite cop show as a kid. Right up there with Dragnet!

tman

1 Adam 12, 1 Adam 12  See the woman..........Great show.

JH27N0B

There's an episode that deals with drag racing that I believe was inspired by "Big Willie" Robinson's racing organization.  It's been a few years since I saw that one but I remember a jacked up green road runner in the show.
Another episode I remember dealt with an auto theft ring, and one of the stolen cars at the chop shop was a red 70 Challenger R/T convertible!  One thing that sticks out in my mind is that they covered up all the car's name plates for some reason.
Just checked, the drag race episode is called "who won" and here's a picture with the road runner.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505412/mediaviewer/rm1432856833/
And here's a picture of the Challenger in the chop shop episode.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505346/mediaviewer/rm3733760513/?context=default

70Barracuda

Me, Adam 12
My brother, Lost in Space.  On at the same time
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

jimynick

The sad part, is that if I remember correctly, in later seasons they went to AMC cruisers.  :huh:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Spikedog08

Yeah all those old shows bring back memories of younger days . . Green Acres, Gilligan's Island, Batman, Lost in Space, Adam 12, Beverly Hillbillies, Star Trek, Partridge Family, Barnaby Jones, Sanford and Sons, All in the Family . . and the list goes on!  Certainly as I kid, I lived for Saturday Morning Cartoons . . watch until about noon and then outside to be a kid. 

Good memories of days gone past . . .  :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

"Emergency" was another good one. 72 Dodge 1 ton firetruck cruising the early 70's LA freeways as well.
Sheldon

Mopsquad

Quote from: jimynick on February 01, 2021, 07:47:39 PM
The sad part, is that if I remember correctly, in later seasons they went to AMC cruisers.  :huh:

Yup, AMC Matadors which were popular with police departments as they all came with AC