Main Menu

Cool video of assembly plant in early 70's (AMC )

Started by Brads70, October 25, 2017, 01:20:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I know it's an AMC plant in Kenosha Wisconsin but I thought all the little jigs and fixtures were cool, like the headlight adjusters, trimming the vinyl roofs , filling the rads etc....
Scary how no masks with all that paint flying around! I wonder if any of those people are still alive!  :o
Cool stuff I thought. I would think the plants where our cars were made were not much different?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 25, 2017, 01:34:13 PM
You can't convert us Brad :console:
I was thinking about you, if I remember right you used to work in an assembly plant right?
I used to make jigs and fixtures and protypes for Chrysler, I enjoyed that. The good old days I guess....

Brads70

Brads70

For the record Alan other than the 71 Javelin..... I can't think of any other AMC's I'd want to own.  :P

Roadman

Man, that was awesome Brad.   :bradsthumb:   Thx.    :rebelflag"

JS29

My cousin worked there in that time frame and until it closed when Chrysler bought it out. I could  see me in an AMX 68-70.  About the only AMC I would own.   

Roadman

Quote from: JS29 on October 25, 2017, 02:45:50 PM
My cousin worked there in that time frame and until it closed when Chrysler bought it out. I could  see me in an AMX 68-70.  About the only AMC I would own.

Hey @JS29   check this out, Mecum Kissimmee. Did you enter the sweepstakes yet ?   https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-319909/1970-amc-javelin-sst-mark-donohue-edition/

JS29

RUNCHARGER

Awesome video, AMC's are neat if for no other reason than I like underdogs. Anyone that built the AMX has to be cool.
Sheldon

Roadman

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 25, 2017, 05:02:53 PM
Awesome video, AMC's are neat if for no other reason than I like underdogs. Anyone that built the AMX has to be cool.
I so want a

Brads70

Those Scramblers reminded me of a cross between a Chevy II and a 68ish Valiant?