Main Menu

Dang scooped on a good project but I have to weld it up.

Started by RUNCHARGER, August 31, 2020, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Well I was aware of this 68 Charger and I had planned on having a look at it and most likely buying it for myself. I was talking to my son and he asked me for my opinion on a 68 Charger on Kijiji and I said I wouldn't touch it and maybe he should buy this one instead because he would buy something with no surprises.
We went and looked at it and I could see by the condition under the hood it was a solid car while I was walking up to it. Long story short my son wisely bought it and I stupidly offered to do the welding on it for him. So, no car but a few weeks of work to keep me busy (like I need anymore work right now)! Just a 383-2 car which will get Hot Rodded and some black paint shot onto it.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Brads70

Wow Lucky Dog!  I'd love to find one of those! If you don't mind me asking what did it cost?  :bravo:

anlauto

I wish, my kid would drag home something like that  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Thanks guys: Yes he'll do it justice and he keeps stuff forever so I have to do a great job as he'll probably have it a long time. He gave $15k CDN for it and that included $10k worth of AMD so I think he got a great deal on it. It will go black, 500 inch B-block, injected, 518 Trans. 4 Wheel discs. Simple but driveable in todays world.
Thanks for flipping that photo!
Sheldon

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Shoooter

RUNCHARGER

I'm hoping to get the trunk floor welded in this weekend. Just waiting for the shell to arrive here in a few hours but I have to run over and do a bit of bodywork on the fibreglass car. Otherwise I'd be grinding spot welds today. I can't stand having cars sitting around looking sad when they need work.
Sheldon

dodj

Good thing you are retired. Or should I say,  good thing for your son that you r retired?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 01, 2020, 07:27:27 AM
I'm hoping to get the trunk floor welded in this weekend. Just waiting for the shell to arrive here in a few hours but I have to run over and do a bit of bodywork on the fibreglass car. Otherwise I'd be grinding spot welds today. I can't stand having cars sitting around looking sad when they need work.

Be sure to post up pictures as you go! I'd enjoy seeing it come together!  :cooldance:

RUNCHARGER

I got the rolling body home today so I'll be ready to hit it this weekend. I bought a new Lincoln welder a few years ago but haven't really used it much but it only takes 2 seconds to set it so I don't see a problem. It will go fast as I shouldn't have to fab many patches I hope anyway.
Sheldon

EV2RTSE