Main Menu

Daylight Saving

Started by 303 Mopar, March 09, 2019, 05:28:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Here are some fun and interesting facts as we turn our clocks forward Sunday! (@Chryco Psycho and anyone in Arizona please ignore this post).

Ric

Swamp Donkey

That's pretty good.  I also live in an area in north eastern British Columbia where we don't change for daylight saving time.  So for half the year (winter) we are in the Mountain time zone, and for the other half we are in the Pacific time zone.  I kind of prefer the pacific time zone.  Most sporting events start an hour earlier. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Jay Bee

Here's the spring forward one.

JS29

It's a government control thing! Taking control of the time of day.  :pullinghair:

ToxicWolf

I wish they would pick daylight savings time or not and stick with one of them year round. This switching thing drives me crazy.  :Thud:

dodj

Quote from: ToxicWolf on March 09, 2019, 08:36:34 AM
I wish they would pick daylight savings time or not and stick with one of them year round. This switching thing drives me crazy.  :Thud:
:iagree:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: ToxicWolf on March 09, 2019, 08:36:34 AM

That's the point. We are rats in a cage and they keep playing this time change thing on us to see how we react.   :rolleyes:

Chryco Psycho

:haha:

No reason to change here , the days are the same year round  :bigthumb:
Never figured out why the clocks change 7 weeks before the shortest day but 11 weeks after  :thinking: Nevermind , none of it makes sense  :Thud:

303 Mopar

Brads70

js27

Here in South Carolina they are trying to pass a law to get rid of this nonsense. Hopefully it will pass. I like the old Indian saying "Only Americans think they can cut 2 inches off the bottom of a blanket and sew it back on the top of the blanket and make a longer blanket ".
JS27