Main Menu

That Time of the year again

Started by Plumcrazy72, October 30, 2019, 12:06:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazy72

Well its that time of the year again for the northern people to put the cars aways.  Mine got tucked away Oct. 19 for its hibernation until sometime in late may usually. One good thing about it though is its bow hunting season......  :drinkingbud:

Not a huge buck but memories of a lifetime and some good full belly's

1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Wow...surprised your kids aren't terrified  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Nothing like a little venison on the table.  :drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

gzig5

Nice!  The young ones tend to be tastier. 
My kids don't have a problem shooting them.  But they don't want to be directly involved in the dressing and butchering.  I let that go, just nice to have them along and I don't want to make it a negative.

Swamp Donkey

Nice.  Up here in Norther BC. there is a decent elk population that are a problem to farmers.  Anyways, long story short I too was hunting yesterday with my Nephew and he shot a cow elk.  Hanging in my shop now and plan to butcher on Friday. I love wild game!
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

dodj

I'd like to do an Elk hunt some day.
I've shot deer, moose and bear, but no elk here in north western Ontario.
As to being problems for farmers, do they eat the corn or soybeans or whatever?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Plumcrazy72

I as well would love to Elk hunt, the dead of the rut and some big bulls bugling......... Ohhhh that'd be so nice. I love turkey hunting so I feel like Elk would be giant turkeys as far as the communication. If you ever need a Elk hunting buddy swamp donkey I'd go
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

Swamp Donkey

The elk mostly get into the hay storage yards for cattle and eat a lot of it. And also poop and pee on it, and the cattle won't eat it.  Most farmers have good high fences around their hay, but many do not.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho