Main Menu

E-body 101 YouTube Video

Started by 72hemi, October 25, 2020, 03:11:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72hemi

One of the things that is important to me about the classic car community is getting the next generation interested and involved. There was an encouraging article from Hagerty saying there is an increase in interest of classic car ownership among millennials and and gen Z. So I put together an overview video on the E-body Mopars for my YouTube channel to help start educating people on these cars. In later videos I plan to go more in depth into things like options. I'm interested to know what you guys think?
https://youtu.be/Q8a9B5IMUXM
Life's too short to drive boring cars

Poolshark314

This is a great idea! Keep up the great work! (Coming from an already interested milennial)  :yes:
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Cuda Cody

Swamp Donkey

The video was great.  I'm kinda curious if either of my kids will have much interest in my car when I start the build of it.   
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

CudaMoparRay

72hemi

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to add a lot of E-body (as well as other Mopar) specific content to my YouTube channel. A lot of information/history is documented in print form but not video and there is definitely a transition to online video happening right now. Hopefully I will do the cars and community justice.

R/T's 4 R/P

I see you like blue cars!
Overall...kudos!  You've tackled an aggressive task.

You've asked a lot of E-body experts here, so I'm sure you will get some good feedback.
By asking, I hope that all provide helpful hints and not useless critiques to you.
Here are a couple of my observations:
- it would be nice to provide visual shots of some of the dealer brochures discussing options and features, as well as pictures from period magazines, such as Car and Driver, etc.
- I personally feel you get into too much detail about some aspects (worm-hole about grill colors, for example) that would not be of general interest.  There obviously are many differences in model years that could be too boring to list.  Is your target audience people who already know something, or people who know little?
- it is tough to keep people's attention, maybe consider episodes that focus on engines, colors, racing history (trans am and drag), why 72 and later lost big-blocks (history on insurance and gas prices), etc.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

I think it's a fantastic idea...my kids are watching Youtube all the time  :headbang: I would just suggest you watch the facts a little bit....you state that the AAR Cuda and Gran Coupe Barracuda both shared the same "black grill". While they shared the same chrome rectangular trim inside the grill, the Gran Coupe's grill was argent NOT black. :alan2cents:

Another point I always like to bring up when talking to new people in the hobby, is overall production numbers  compared to Mustangs and Camaros....In 11 years of production Plymouth turned out just over 300K Barracudas/Cudas while in one year Ford turned out just under 300K Mustangs....fast forward 50 years and people wonder why our E Bodies are so rare...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wldgtx

Great video, no doubt you love these cars and your passion comes thru!

Well done!
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

72hemi

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming, it all helps me put together better videos in the future.

Poolshark314

Not sure if you were planning on it already or not, but some more hands-on type demos using cars you have to show how things looked, why things were the way they were, and other quirks. I thought it was really cool when I had found out about the air grabber scoop, the highbeam switch being on the floor (and aftermarket changing radio stations on the floor), the air vents for non-AC cars, etc.

I think another good way to get some people interested is maybe comparing them to some late model cars and showing them the design elements that were inspired by classic muscle cars
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

blown motor

Quote from: 72hemi on October 26, 2020, 10:13:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming, it all helps me put together better videos in the future.

I think you should only show cars as they were from the factory. Your Challenger is beautiful but if you are trying to educate the younger generations then showing a 72-74 Challenger with a T/A hood and a rear spoiler can be very misleading. :alan2cents:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

72hemi

Quote from: blown motor on October 26, 2020, 12:38:59 PM

I think you should only show cars as they were from the factory. Your Challenger is beautiful but if you are trying to educate the younger generations then showing a 72-74 Challenger with a T/A hood and a rear spoiler can be very misleading. :alan2cents:

Thanks, yes you are correct and I agree. The challenge, especially during the current environment it is a challenge to get access to stock cars, especially 72-74 as they tend to be the most likely to be modified due to being the lower valued e-bodies. I will try to use more stock cars on my educational videos in the future.

Poolshark314

Quote from: 72hemi on October 26, 2020, 01:33:33 PM

Thanks, yes you are correct and I agree. The challenge, especially during the current environment it is a challenge to get access to stock cars, especially 72-74 as they tend to be the most likely to be modified due to being the lower valued e-bodies. I will try to use more stock cars on my educational videos in the future.

Aside from the engine and the color/stripe, mine is essentially a stock 73 barracuda if you need a model lol
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

72hemi

Quote from: Poolshark314 on October 26, 2020, 01:54:21 PM
Quote from: 72hemi on October 26, 2020, 01:33:33 PM

Aside from the engine and the color/stripe, mine is essentially a stock 73 barracuda if you need a model lol

If you were closer to me I would take you up on that! :cheers: