Main Menu

Enclosed Car Trailer

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, March 17, 2022, 03:29:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Since it's not technically e body related, thought I'd offer it up in here instead. Going to sell my enclosed trailer in favor of an open one. Older unit but really loaded with great features. New axles and brakes, among other things. It held my e body cars fine when I moved cross country. Might hold a B body car. Has a nice winch, built in work bench with vice, tons of cabinets, interior and exterior lighting, 110 outlets in and out, etc.

Willing to work a really great deal if any of the members are looking for one. I have it on other sites for far more than I'd let it go here. Pm me if interested and I can send pics and additional details. Disregard the transmissions and yellow frame racks in the photo.

usraptor

Daveh

70 Challenger Lover

It's 23 ft plus a little more for the tongue but the interior car space inside is just over 19 ft. Just wide enough between the wheel wells for an e body but closer to 8 ft wall to wall. 6 1/2' headroom inside.

R/T's 4 R/P

70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

70 Challenger Lover

6000 per axle. The trailer is rated at 10,000. Boxed frame rails, not U channel. Four new HD brakes, e rated tires, six lug wheels.

7E-Bodies

Wow. Being in central Illinois I wouldn't be too terribly far. Email further details to kjc1970rt@gmail.com or text them to 309-645-8053.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Filthy Filbert

Can I just come borrow it for a week?    I need to get my Cuda and all the AMD panels from Ohio down to Georgia soon :haha:

70 Challenger Lover

Or do what I did...buy it, use the heck out of it and sell it for what you have in it. Good enclosed car trailers are always in hot demand.

70 Challenger Lover

Couple more pics.

blucuda

JH27N0B

Looks like a cool trailer and trailers are in high demand now.
New trailers have skyrocketed in price like everything these days it seems, and like a lot of things are back ordered.
I've been told newer trailers are not very high quality compared to how they used to be.
I'm supposed to be getting a trailer from the estate of a E body Mopar guy who passed last year.  :andyangel:
I'm at a real dilemma now, I was hoping they'd get it cleaned out in winter so I could get it while the ground was frozen.  I just got a call a few days ago I can get it, but the yard behind the house where the trailer is must be pretty soggy due to all the rain here.
The owner had a technique I'm sure, but he isn't around to share.
Need a drought...

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: JH27N0B on March 26, 2022, 07:38:10 AM
Looks like a cool trailer and trailers are in high demand now.
New trailers have skyrocketed in price like everything these days it seems, and like a lot of things are back ordered.
I've been told newer trailers are not very high quality compared to how they used to be.
I'm supposed to be getting a trailer from the estate of a E body Mopar guy who passed last year.  :andyangel:
I'm at a real dilemma now, I was hoping they'd get it cleaned out in winter so I could get it while the ground was frozen.  I just got a call a few days ago I can get it, but the yard behind the house where the trailer is must be pretty soggy due to all the rain here.
The owner had a technique I'm sure, but he isn't around to share.
Need a drought...

I thought it would disappear quickly given all the shortages and high demand. It's an older design and could really benefit from a side door but the tubular steel construction inside would make it pretty easy to fabricate a door opening.

The only thing hurting the sale here is cosmetic. I was hoping people could look past that but it seems, just like cars, people look at the outside paint and make a final determination based on solely on that. I looked at newer ones before buying this for my move and the newer $12k car haulers are cheap plywood junk. A gallon of black industrial paint would dramatically change the appearance and I'd probably get it sold fast but if I go to that much trouble, might as well just keep it.

The good news is I have room and I like staying busy so I may just park in in the barn in case I ever need it. Once I get some of these more important projects done, I can always give it a paint job. Might be fun painting something like this.

anlauto

All the PM's, I thought it would have been sold by now... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2022, 07:54:10 AM
All the PM's, I thought it would have been sold by now... :dunno:

I think the folks on this group are far enough away that it makes it tough. I might have someone local interested. If not, it costs me nothing to hold onto it. In the barn, it shouldn't really deteriorate either.

Maybe after two more years of COVID madness and ongoing shortages, I'll relist it and call it a barn find.