Main Menu

Where are you guys getting reproduction rad hoses?

Started by 72 Challenger, July 21, 2020, 12:35:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bill Rolik

Terry,

Yes, correct.

I hounded Dave Walden for years about reproducing a 71 style mat (which was used on American Motors car of the same vintage), but unfortunately, a business case could not be made for it. The 71 mats were notorious for sticking to the trunk floors after any kind of weight, stains, and/or moisture being applied, and consequently most were trashed. So I acquired some Burtex roll stock and put in a request for a company in PA to graft (via a special adhesive) their thin gray foam to the Burtex, and adjust the position of the slot for the vapor separator, which was off slightly on their current production mats. I expect to see it in the next day or so. Overall, it will of course be slightly thicker, but the pattern is very close to your original sample. 

headejm

:welcome: to our great website @Bill Rolik! Glad you joined and looking forward to learning about all the great Mopar parts and ideas you have.  :cheers:

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: Bill, and good luck with the trunk mat saga!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody