Main Menu

Friend of mine came to visit last night

Started by wldgtx, June 23, 2017, 06:34:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wldgtx

I have a friend of mine who is a very good friend and he stopped by last night to hang out and have a beer.  I just so happened to have the Challenger in the driveway and when he pulled up he was all smiles.  He got out and we made small talk about various things, but he began to look the car over and was shaking his head saying "This car is simply amazing", he went on with a few other very nice compliments and after seeing under the hood, trunk, and interior he took a picture of it and said I will refer back to this at least a few times after I leave and likely put it on my computer to enjoy.

I said "We can go for a ride if you want", he responded "I'd love to, and I will, but just know that I love this car just sitting here looking at it."

Needless to say I was extremely proud and happy.  We went to the back deck and drank a beer and caught up, upon him leaving I told him that when we have more time we will have to get out in it and have some fun, his reply "Hell yeah".
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Oldschool

That is awesome. Times like those are what makes life good.  Simple times with good friends and an old Mopar in the mix just tops it all off.... :cheers:

wldgtx

Quote from: Oldschool on June 23, 2017, 06:36:55 AM
That is awesome. Times like those are what makes life good.  Simple times with good friends and an old Mopar in the mix just tops it all off.... :cheers:

Very much agreed!  It was one of those moments when life slowed down enough to appreciate.

Cudajason

Quote from: wldgtx on June 23, 2017, 06:39:14 AM
Quote from: Oldschool on June 23, 2017, 06:36:55 AM

Very much agreed!  It was one of those moments when life slowed down enough to appreciate.

That's cool man.  Nice to have people in your life that want nothing in return, other then a cold beer and your company and that are genuinely happy for you.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Spikedog08

That sounds like a great time!  When I learn where you live, I may do the same thing! 

:yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Sometimes it's the small things we enjoy most.  Good times with friends is hard to beat.   :drinkingbud:

1 Wild R/T

People with a positive attitude bring those around them up... Negativity is best ignored....  Your friend is clearly a positive person, keep him around...

jimynick

Nice compliments and sounds like he's a nice guy, too. Based on my knowledge of his driving ability, if it were mine, I might just throw him the keys and say "let's go for a ride". That's something he can't put on his comp, but he'll likely never forget it or you either for doing it. sometimes it's nice to share with good buddies, eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Not too many friends will come around and say "Hey your car looks like a piece of shit !" :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wldgtx

Quote from: anlauto on June 24, 2017, 05:16:27 AM
Not too many friends will come around and say "Hey your car looks like a piece of shit !" :alan2cents:

LOL, that is true.