Main Menu

Funny ad for a 383

Started by Romero14, September 20, 2019, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

1 Wild R/T

Pretty entertaining... But the funniest part is what he's asking for it..

Dakota

:haha: That is definitely one of the more entertaining ads I've read.

HP2

Long on funny, short on details, stupid on price.

70 Challenger Lover

Considering the stuff I typically find on Craigslist, I'm satisfied with funny.

cuda hunter

For when it gets deleted,,,,,,

pretty funny ad.

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: plymouth chrysler mopar
model name / number: 383
size / dimensions: big x large x heavy
1968 383 motor out of a Plymouth fury. Not a ford. Not a chevy. a Plymouth. Yes just like the one your dads uncle used to drive and he had a different lady in the car with him every time you saw him. but blue. and a 4 door. and a Pontiac.

mopar stock 383 2bbl. engine with 727 transmission. pulled out of a running/driving car. Put the distributor of your choice on (its sitting at TDC right now so you're good to stab and go- just like in london) and other accoutrements of your choosing and motor happily down the local freeway to the gas station today!

The 'big block' mopar. the Chrysler 383 engine. real American iron right here, sports fans. Its time for you to upgrade that steamed-rice cooker you got now. Right here, right now. Not a bored over ratted out piece of crap bowtie 350 ls-whatever. No aluminum block. 8 cylinders not 4. Made out of Iron. From America. When we were great the first time.

The Chrysler 383 motor is world famous for beating chevys and fords all day long. to the gas station. Foreign cars don't even try to outpace this behemoth so don't even ask. Watch them drive by you, staring in fear, as you simply sit at the gas pump. Hell this engine is better than two foreign engines put together. They couldn't even get beyond 4 cylinders. GM stopped at 350 and Ford stopped at 351 but the engineers at Chrysler were smarter and got to 383.

This fine example of peak American muscle horsepower was recently removed from a perfectly good running, driving, inspected 1968 Plymouth fury that now does not run or drive, since its very heart was stolen out from it. While that car sits rusting out in the pasture, have some compassion and buy this engine and put it to good use in some kind of vehicle that's not a chevy. you'd be better off making a 383 powered wheelbarrow than driving a chevy. put some D's on it.

Previously owned by a little old lady that never drove under 50. unknown mileage. She used it to pull chevys out of ditches with it on the way to the gas station/hair salon. the 727 transmission is rock solid, known around the globe as the 'bulletproof' transmission. its guaranteed by Plymouth engineering department to remove any stuck chevy on the first try. If no chevys are in your immediate area, you can use this to blow the doors off of fords. Their doors suck anyways just ask them about the pinto and how that worked out.

This thing runs on gas. not corn. not E85. Not hydro-soybean-diluted extract. Dead dinosaurs. It likes the premium dinosaur juice, with a bottle of lucas thrown in. Runs like a deere. Probably still has dirt on it from 1968 so it could be considered a classic. Will pass emissions. lots of them. its not electric so you cant charge it like your phone or plug it into your house. You do not measure in miles per gallon. you have it backwards. Throw out all that metric system nonsense they tried to teach you back in school. come on.

You dont come across these chrysler 383 motors just laying around every day, so buy this one now. The plymouth engine tree is long dead and aint coming back. so buy it as an early christmas present for your loved one. its first come first served when its gone its gone. dont come over here crying REEEE come over with a stack of cash and lets deal.

if you show up to pick it up in any sort of mopar vehicle you can use my hoist and ill help ya load it for the small, very agreeable cost of one NOS beverage. Regular flavor please. orange and blue can looks like bud ice but says NOS down the side. Cant miss it. ask your chevy friend he knows what they look like, if he has finally upscaled from keystone lights.

o.b.o.
$2500 as is in the picture for everything.
$2250 for engine only if you're gonna make me break it apart.
$750 for 727 only if you're gonna make me break it apart.

$3000 if you show up in a chevy.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70