Main Menu

Heading to Chicago and Peoria

Started by Cudajason, April 20, 2019, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

The wife and I are headed to Peoria and Chicago for a weekend getaway next weekend.

We are taking in the Zac Brown Band concert in Peoria on the Saturday night, the heading to Chicago on the Sunday and spending the night there after taking in the sights.

Our only plans at this point are the concert Sat night, we are going to drive the old Route 66 (something I have wanted to do for a while) up to Chicago on the Sunday, stopping to see anything that is of interest along the way. We have a River cruise booked for Chicago Sun afternoon.

Any tips on things to see or places to eat in either Peoria or Chicago while we are there?

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

nsmall

Try a Chicago architecture boat tour.  By far one of my favorite tours ever.    :bradsthumb:

nsmall

I think it's called Garrett's popcorn where it's half caramel and half cheese. That was really good.

we went to some high in Chicago pizza place and it was really expensive and I thought it was totally underwhelming.

Cudajason

Quote from: nsmall on April 20, 2019, 07:09:31 PM
Try a Chicago architecture boat tour.  By far one of my favorite tours ever.    :bradsthumb:

That is the one we are doing!

Quote from: nsmall on April 20, 2019, 07:11:04 PM
I think it's called Garrett's popcorn where it's half caramel and half cheese. That was really good.

we went to some high in Chicago pizza place and it was really expensive and I thought it was totally underwhelming.

Chicago mix popcorn, my fav.  I would love to try authentic deep-dish pizza! 

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Topcat

1 Wild R/T

Museum of Science and Industry.. Nuf said...

7E-Bodies

So @Cuda jason, what did you think of the Route 66 drive?  I'm ashamed to say I live in Peoria and I'm on my 9th e-body and have never checked it out.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

YellowThumper

Was there a couple years ago and visited the "bean". Very cool to see. The visual reflection variations never end.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ClarkWGrizwald

Big Al's in Peoria has a nice steak dinner.  :-) ....and other nice entertainment.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk