Main Menu

Hellcat blows tire after passing police officer at 271 k.p.h. (173 m.p.h.)

Started by mccannix, April 19, 2020, 09:18:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Man I'd be ticked. No way they would catch you at that speed and then the tire does it's Radial T/A imitation.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

screamindriver

:oHe's lucky there's a car to tow with a blowout at that speed...

jimynick

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 19, 2020, 10:13:01 AM
Man I'd be ticked. No way they would catch you at that speed and then the tire does it's Radial T/A imitation.
I don't know about that "they won't catch you at that speed part". the old radio is pretty quick itself and you can bet that they'd have that lit up fit to bust. They'll impound the car for a week usually and you'll pay all towing and storage charges accordingly. In my former life I had occasion to be involved with the towing gentlemen and on more than one occasion, saw towing/storage bills of $1500+ and the car'd only been there 2 days, so buddy may get his ring stretched a wee bit over that, alone. THEN there's the up to $10,000.00 fine and, I'm sure the Hellcat owners here can give an opinion on how much he'll be paying for insurance at it likely doubles if they offer to insure him at all. All in all, don't be surprised if it all ends up costing somewhere in the range of $100 per mph. Pretty steep if you ask me!  :bigmoney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

usraptor

Might be an good  opportunity to buy a used Hellcat for a discounted price in the near future.  :yes:  With all those fines, insurance increase and license suspension I don't think the owner will be able to afford to keep it now. 

JS29

In New York state, It's automatic arraignment forty MPH over the speed limit!  :bigmoney: BUT with the bail reform law we now have,  :notsure: