Main Menu

OMG ! Did you see this in Dallas today ? UPDATE

Started by anlauto, November 12, 2022, 07:16:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I can't imagine piloting the B-17 on such a beautiful sunny day....just going along doing your thing....then from out of nowhere, because I doubt they saw it coming....a loud crash and then looking at the ground, with absolutely nothing you can do....

I'll go out on a limb and suggest the six men died doing what they love doing  :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I love a good nights sleep.  Unless I die in my sleep, I don't want anyone ever saying I died doing something I love!  :P

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 15, 2022, 02:19:06 PM
I love a good nights sleep.  Unless I die in my sleep, I don't want anyone ever saying I died doing something I love!  :P

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:  :clapping: :worship: good one
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 15, 2022, 02:19:06 PM

I knew a man who restored WW2 aircraft. He did an interview where this sort of question came up and he said, "I love flying, not crashing".   

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on November 15, 2022, 02:06:03 PM
I can't imagine piloting the B-17 on such a beautiful sunny day....just going along doing your thing....then from out of nowhere, because I doubt they saw it coming....a loud crash and then looking at the ground, with absolutely nothing you can do....

I'll go out on a limb and suggest the six men died doing what they love doing  :andyangel:

Not only that, but I think the B-17 crew probably had no idea what happened to them...  The B-17 headed
straight for the ground immediately after impact...  1-2 seconds MAX.   They probably had no idea it was
another plane or a catastrophic failure of their own airframe or ...

anlauto

Thought I would add this video for some very interesting insight  :thinking:

captcolour

Thanks for posting.  Great explanation of planning and what likely went wrong.

anlauto

Earlier in this thread member @dodj made mention of the TV show "Mayday" which I do enjoy watching...but just this week I found a YouTube channel called "TheFlightChannel" that's very similar but covers hundreds of different accidents that you've likely have not heard of before....

Although the videos make you read the text (I hate having to read) they're SUPER informative and very detailed. They explain the cause of every crash as well, which amazes me how, like mentioned earlier, the investigators are able to piece together what happened....

If you've got some time to kill and you're into that kind of stuff, check it out...here's a sample, but be careful, it's a huge rabbit hole: https://youtu.be/Cs6gFYDKgLQ

Here's another nasty one... :andyangel: https://youtu.be/197IxHaH34s

70_440-6Cuda

I really enjoy hearing from those with flight experience, totally different perspective for someone like myself.  Thanks for sharing.  Prayers to all those affected by the accident.  Thanks for more binge material, just what I needed....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2022, 12:47:36 PM
Earlier in this thread member @dodj made mention of the TV show "Mayday" which I do enjoy watching...but just this week I found a YouTube channel called "TheFlightChannel" that's very similar but covers hundreds of different accidents that you've likely have not heard of before....

Although the videos make you read the text (I hate having to read) they're SUPER informative and very detailed. They explain the cause of every crash as well, which amazes me how, like mentioned earlier, the investigators are able to piece together what happened....

If you've got some time to kill and you're into that kind of stuff, check it out...here's a sample, but be careful, it's a huge rabbit hole: https://youtu.be/Cs6gFYDKgLQ

I enjoy these programs too. I follow Allec Joshua Ibay, https://www.youtube.com/@AllecJoshuaIbay , very similar format to The Flight Channel, but he usually ends the video with details of the pilots (fired if they F'ed up, etc.) and the aircraft's life after the accident if it was repaired or scrapped.

anlauto