Main Menu

I Finally Got a HEMI!!

Started by ViperMan, August 07, 2017, 10:29:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: ViperMan on August 07, 2017, 02:11:40 PM
Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 07, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
Jeff,

That Jeep looks awesome. I can't believe how clean the engine compartment is.

Just an FYI, I know the pre 2013 Challengers were recalled for the timing chain on the 5.7's. I assume the same thing in the jeep world. So just check that out. Some dealership hopefully did the recall.

Were the 5.7's chain-driven as well?  I was wondering that - the 4.7's are, and ours has never been replaced at 210,000 miles...  I wonder if it should be, but honestly at that mileage, who cares anymore?  :)

All of the Hemis have timing chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ViperMan

That picture of the faded rear bumper cover was bugging me - NOS to the rescue!  Also, front vanity tag!

LinceCuda

Looks great, nice ride congrats! :ohyeah:

anlauto

If a part is only 8 years old is it really "NOS" ?  :thinking: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

awesome , we bought a new durango for the wife and kids. she loves it. but we didn't spring for the hemi so I'm still waiting for mine haha

ViperMan

Quote from: anlauto on August 09, 2017, 07:10:46 PM
If a part is only 8 years old is it really "NOS" ?  :thinking: :rofl:

Lol - *shrug* I dunno - that's what the eBay listing said...   :haha:

ViperMan

Quote from: Shoooter on August 09, 2017, 09:06:28 PM
awesome , we bought a new durango for the wife and kids. she loves it. but we didn't spring for the hemi so I'm still waiting for mine haha

I do like the newer Durangos, though those are some big-ass trucks, and I don't really need something that large.  Plus, they weren't putting HEMI's in them in the earlier models, and the newer models that have HEMI's were WAY more than I wanted to spend.  My newest "boss" just got a '16 Durango with the HEMI and he likes it a lot.