Main Menu

I just got off the phone

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, January 29, 2019, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

It's warmer by @blown motor (Canada) than it is here! @Topcat it's -9 right now in BIGS backyard

Topcat

So when does it get so cold, you can't tell the difference? -50?

I remember being stationed in Ft. Campbell, KY. in 1980 I think it was.

It was -30 below zero.
Felt like clothes pins on the tips of my ears.

All the sparrows were caught off guard from that storm. Came in really quick.
I recall seeing them trying to stay warm surrounding  the Chimney openings.

Next day, there was piles of dead Birds all over at the base of the Chimneys.

BIGSHCLUNK

Birds are smarter here... they go to Florida  :haha:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

I found below -30 it felt the same cold was cold but the real difference was time , @ - 30C you were ok for 15 mins maybe , @-58c it was more like 5 mins

MEK-Dangerous

I'm going back to the winter of 1978. It was -20 where I lived. That was the coldest I have ever felt.

Being the oldest, I was sent out to shovel snow. How nice. That was such a weird experience. I just remember total quietness, because no one in their right mind would be outside now. I wasn't cold because I was working my arse off. The thing that got me was... I was 16 at the time, and I had to keep taking breaks. At those low temperatures, the oxygen levels drop, so I can see why people have heart attacks shoveling snow. 

Spikedog08

Getting some of the cold here in Michigan in the next couple days . . . then I saw 46* next Monday!!   :o   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Brads70

Ya its cold here but worce down south by your Chris. Right now I'm watching my idiot neighbour  who just got his truck washed trying to open the doors and tailgate.  :crazytalk:  Looks to be 20 something..... you know the type knows it all, can't tell him anything.  ::)   Ford owner to boot.  :haha:  I'm betting his shiny new truck will be stuck there till Saturday when it warms up some!

BIGSHCLUNK

hehehe... I'm sure, those "idiots " are here too. But in the 40's on Sunday  :veryexcited:

dodj

I live in a rural area, and you guys that live in cities probably don't get the same effect, but when it is really cold you can hears things that are happening very far away. Like Mike said it's really quiet, but when a car goes down a road five miles from me, I can hear it really clearly.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill