Main Menu

Is Cruising alone in Bad Taste during this Pandemic?

Started by Topcat, March 29, 2020, 05:28:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

If you're the only person in your E Body driving; is this in bad taste during this Pandemic?

Going out alone during this Pandemic is in really bad taste. No Way!
3 (7.1%)
I would, but I would make it just a quick cruise not lasting very long.
8 (19%)
The heck with it, I'm going out and making it a great day out there alone.
30 (71.4%)
I'm worried what all my neighbors would think of me seeing me go out.
0 (0%)
The Cops might pull me over so I'm not going out.
3 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: June 27, 2020, 05:28:39 PM

Topcat

I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

We are all getting bored to tears sitting at home.
Need to get outta the house; by yourself with nobody else!

We all are under some degree of stress. Right?

So are we viewed as A#*holes taking our cars out during this Corona Virus?
Should we give a $hit what the public thinks? 

We're not contaminating anyone in our own car.
Were not on any public Parks or recreational areas either!

Let's hear your thoughts!
2 vote options  allowed.

318Stroker

I just got back from a 2 hour cruise. I practiced social distancing the whole time, as my Challenger was always at least 6 feet away from the other cars on the road... :D

torredcuda

Nothing at all wrong with going out as long as you practice social distancing and don`t handle the gas pump - use gloves or sanitize.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

jordan

My insurance starts tomorrow.  I plan on driving the back roads by myself.  I will need to stop to get gas.  Pay at the pump.  Fill up with discounted gas.  I don't see the problem.  I am sure someone else will. 
   I can really use the cruise time to clear my head.  I am a nurse at a level 1 hospital.  Work sucks right now.  A little cocoon of Mopar Power, and no radio can really help my mental state. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

RCman

I took mine out for a sprint this past week while the roads where clear just before we got another snowstorm. I avoided stopping anywhere but the gas pump. Each state is different at the moment though.
Go for it.  :driving:

Topcat

I've seen on FB; there's Lookey Lou Cops asking "where ya heading? And where ya coming from?"

Anyone see that going on near them?
Cops are cracking  down on high speed driving out here since there's no traffic.
BMW drivers I bet. lol.

So if going out,  be on radar where ever you're at.   :takealook:

Brads70

It's raining pretty hard here today, which is a great thing as its washing all the salt off the roads. Might take out the Challenger tomorrow!  :cooldance: Can't get or give the China virus while driving!  :bradsthumb:

Topcat

Quote from: Brads70 on March 29, 2020, 06:22:33 PM
It's raining pretty hard here today, which is a great thing as its washing all the salt off the roads. Might take out the Challenger tomorrow!  :cooldance: Can't get or give the China virus while driving!  :bradsthumb:

Rainy out here this week-end...Again!

And next week-end foretasted as well.   :headbang:

1ownr

If you are coming to RI from out of state, you need to stop at the border and give contact info if staying in RI.
It's been on the National news lately.

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

The Chinese would love to see everyone stay home and not enjoy their capitalistic contraptions. I say enjoy the cheap gas.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

I drove 3 hours today to Denver and picked up my 74 charger.  Went to pick n pull, distanced from everyone and got some jeep parts.  Came home, unloaded the charger and drove it around for a while.
I piss off everyone no matter what I do so I just figure I'll go out and have some fun.  Went dirt biking two days ago. Going snow mobiling tomorrow. 
  I've had 3 clients cancel my jobs for this spring and summer.  I'm screwed, so might as well have some fun. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

I don't see anything wrong with a drive. I don't know what the rules are over there on the west coast of the USA, but here in Canada you can do anything you like as long as you observe the 6' distancing space between humans and no more than 5 in a group. 2 in Quebec I think.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

BIGSHCLUNK

I thinking , if you can go ... go. Here its 42 and rain..... last year between weather and family I dont think NIKKI saw daylight till the end of may..  :headbang:

cuda hunter

streets were empty.  Pick n pull was packed. Took me 15 minutes of haggeling people leaving to get a wheel barrel. 
I couldnt' believe how many people were at that junk yard. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee