Main Menu

It never ends

Started by RUNCHARGER, May 20, 2024, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

It's been a few years since I restored my last E-body but I've still been busy working on other peoples cars and my own projects. I've been restoring 1-2 bikes per year lately and I enjoy it. This is my latest, just short of 2 months from dragging it home to complete, I do everything myself of course and you don't get bogged down on bikes as compared to cars (especially the bodywork and paint phase).
Sheldon

captcolour

Is there a bike somewhere in that first pic?  Nice job!

70_440-6Cuda

looks awesome!!!

@RUNCHARGER, question for you - do you restore the bikes to flip, or for your personal collection?  Reason I ask, is I am stalled on my 'Cuda project due to time and space, and would like something like a bike that is a quick turn.  I was actually thinking about basket case type bikes and turning them for a (very) small profit just to have some fun.

I would be in the same boat doin 90%+ of the work myself.  I have heard both yes and no on the viability of the idea
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

RUNCHARGER

Being in Canada I do them because I love them. Basically when parts are needed it costs twice as much as in the US because of the Canada fun tax and shipping, then when you're done we can't sell them for as much as they bring in the U.S. I bought this bike for $500 Canadian which was a bargain then put $2500CDN into it. Because I painted and spent time polishing stuff I could probably get $4000CDN for it if I waited. If you bought this particular bike in the states for $500USA, the parts would have cost about $1300USA and they bring about $4000-$5500USA so you might be able to make a few bucks down there. You have to buy the right bike though as some bikes aren't popular and others are.
I'm looking for a Honda CBX, Kawasaki GPZ1100 and another Yamaha VMAX next. I like my bikes to be of the same stock as my cars are, big engines and everything else is secondary!
You can also send your car up here! I'm overdue to restore another E-body and I know them inside out! I kind of stopped doing cars because I won't paint cars at home anymore as I don't need the neighbor hassles anymore.
Here's another bike I did about 3 years ago, I did sell this one for $3500 which is what I had into it plus a bunch of time, it might have pulled $4kUSA though. I wish I had just kept it instead.
Sheldon

70_440-6Cuda

Great info and the bikes are awesome - I just love anything that has wheels and an engine!  Beautifully done!  That was kind of my thought, in for less than $5K and if I can make $500 or so, excluding the time invested since it is just for fun, then I am doing OK.

Thought about doing dome custom body work to make a cafe racer - again just a fun project, small amounts of real estate needed and not too expensive...

I am going to try to tear into the 'Cuda this weekend,  :fingerscrossed:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....