Main Menu

It's "Just a Cat"

Started by kawahonda, May 30, 2019, 10:21:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I have seen a mountain lion jump 25 foot straight up into the air.
Also seen the same lion jump 30 yards in a single leap multiple times in different directions. 

This cat could have been on that guy if she wanted to.  One jump and she was close enough to be on him. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YellowThumper

But they are so cute.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

:banana:

70/6chall

Ok guys, family cats. My wife and I own 5 cats, they were not rescued from the shelter. They sort of wandered into the yard and our life at different times as kittens and decided to stay. We immediately took each one to our Vet for spaying or neutering and shots and chipping. I guess that means they're ours from this point forward. We've had cats before so we were pretty much prepared for their keep.
First in line is a Calico female who we've named "Bella" she is now 13 years old. Next there is a gray tabby male "Winston" he's almost 2 1/2 years old. Then there is "Figaro" a large bushy Maine Coon, male, about 2 years old. Our newest is the golden child an orange/yellow male tabby about 1 year old who my wife named "Kipper". One more last in line is a female Siamese named "Aeriale" I believe her to be a 1 1/2 years old,  she will not come in but stays in the garage, she's very happy out there, she has her box and food and water dishes. They are all inside cats except "Aeriale".  "Winston" was an outside cat for awhile until one night crossing our street he was unfortunately hit by a car, he survived but damaged his hip. So after a trip to the Vets and almost $3,000.00 to rebuild his hip he is fine, no problem with mobility. The pics show "Winston" outside under a tree. "Figaro" sleeping in a chair. Then "Bella" and "Kipper" on the bed. Thanks,   Al.       Sorry no pic of "Aeriale" at this time.
They showed up and stayed.

njsteve

We got a calico named Bella, too!

kawahonda

Let me know what you think of your Calico after some time. I wake up to this cat on my face every single night. I feel like I make more contact with her than my Fiance because she will always scrunch herself up into any space in bed...typically against my face. She just wants warmth and love. Does not care about treats or food. She just wants to chill with her companions.

So far, the Calico is the perfect cat vs our Tortoiseshell. THAT cat could give a crap less about getting close, but she's cool in different ways. I consider the Tortie as the "boy" cat. Our tortie will play fetch in the yard. Reminding much like my dog.

The calico however is my "sweetheart"
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

njsteve

Our Bella is not exactly lovey. She's got that crazy/beautiful ratio theory going strong. I heard it's a calico thing. The black section of fur on her face is a perfect profile of a human skull from the side. I think it's a warning of her evilness. I'll have to locate a photo. It's rather eerie.

anlauto

This is our Bella, just a year old...active as hell, gets into everything....makes my work shop her own personal jungle gym climbing all over everything...she's a lot of fun. Likes to play fetch even with those little foam balls... :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

It only took me a half hour to get her to show me her right side. Here's the black skull that is the image on the right side of her face.

BTW, since we have so many Bellas here, her full name is Bella Fitzgerald. She was a feral cat found near the Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge by a cat rescue organization. They said she was such a cuddly, nice kitty who loved sitting on your lap...yeah, right! But seriously, it's fun to have a cat with a Joysey attitude. She takes no crap from the other two cats and three dogs, or her owners for that matter.

Brads70

Brads70

We have a new to us cat. Its a stray we adopted. It was setting off alarms during the night were my son worked ( Canadian Tire) so he put up posters all around the neighborhood and online but no luck . So we now have a cat. He sure loves being in the garage with me for some strange reason? Very curious! He has been with us all summer now, declawed and neutered but no way can we keep him inside. He demands to be free! I can respect that! Good mouser too!

cuda hunter

That's great to have a new good cat!!

I'd be hanging around the bridgeport also if I were livin in that garage!

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Aloha Randy

I have two cats who are experts in carburetor rebuilds and they are just waiting for me to mess up !

gzig5

Update on Post #7

Batman seems to have acclimated to Wisconsin winters.  Likes to spend time up high looking for villains, just like his namesake. 

YellowThumper

This one has deformed feet and claws. Walks and movements are normal. But she always lays in overly odd positions.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.