Main Menu

Lifting a Ram

Started by dodj, June 11, 2022, 05:26:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

A question for lift owners/users. Lifting my 2018 Ram 3500 with my two post lift. The rear portion of the frame is higher up than the front portion. Is it considered safe/good practice to use something like a 6x6 block on the lifting arm pad in order to lift the truck level?  :huh:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

does your lift have threaded adjusters on the lifting points ?

dodj

No, it has lifting pads that set in a socket. One height for cars, one for trucks.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Personally, I the type of guy that "likes to get things done", but to me that sounds a little sketchy  :thinking:....but hey....it can only far so far...the ground will stop it  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on June 11, 2022, 10:40:06 AM
Personally, I the type of guy that "likes to get things done", but to me that sounds a little sketchy  :thinking:....but hey....it can only far so far...the ground will stop it  :dunno:
Well, I'm only lifting it enough to rotate the tires, so I'm going ahead with it, but somebody else must have lifted a Ram 3500 before and I was looking for confirmation it's ok or 'don't do that stupid - do this instead...'  :dunno:

FSHTAIL

Check the manufacturer of the lift to see if there are any optional pieces you can use to keep the vehicle level. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

dodj

Quote from: FSHTAIL on June 13, 2022, 01:32:47 AM
Check the manufacturer of the lift to see if there are any optional pieces you can use to keep the vehicle level.
I found with the 1" car adapters on front and the 6" + 1" adapters on the rear it's pretty level. I read somewhere you weren't supposed to mix adapter heights but the manufacturer said it's fine.

@FSHTAIL  I didn't see your car a MITP this year. Were you there?

MoparLeo

If you are only rotating the tires, the tires only need to clear the ground.
Much safer and easier on the back. Those tires are heavy.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

FSHTAIL

I only went on saturday, and it was for a short amount of time.
I was putting miles on it to break in the clutch and the transmission
Parked next to my buddy Bill who's 72 satellite burned down Wa
while one of his friends of his was refreshing the car.

Quote from: dodj on June 13, 2022, 06:42:05 AM
Quote from: FSHTAIL on June 13, 2022, 01:32:47 AM
I found with the 1" car adapters on front and the 6" + 1" adapters on the rear it's pretty level. I read somewhere you weren't supposed to mix adapter heights but the manufacturer said it's fine.

@FSHTAIL  I didn't see your car a MITP this year. Were you there?

dodj

I walked by that sign but didn't see an AAR'ish 'cuda in front of it....oh well, maybe see you next year.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: dodj on June 13, 2022, 07:25:51 PM
I walked by that sign but didn't see an AAR'ish 'cuda in front of it....oh well, maybe see you next year.
I was parked to the right of that car seperated by a purple roadrunner