Main Menu

Looking at new trucks..

Started by FF376, November 18, 2020, 02:30:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Flatdad

When I read the title, I thought it said 'Looking at Firetrucks' and the kid in me got super excited about old firetrucks. Not gonna lie, kinda disappointed you aren't buying an old firetruck now... :(

FF376

Anybody have any experience with the eTorque  systems on some new Rams? I've found a clean 2019 for a decent price but it is equipped with this and I know nothing about it. Has the auto stop / start too.... Seems like that's kind of complicated to this good ole boy.....

gzig5

As mentioned above, I have the eTorque on my 2020.  I got the truck in August and have managed to put 12,000 miles on it so far.  Works great.  I like it.  Just came back from Florida and I was getting 17+ mpg driving between 80-85 on the way back.  I had a slight concern about the reliability of the addtional electronic components but the warranty is decent and at some point you have to move forward.  Plus, I couldn't find a truck that fit all my criteria within several hundred miles and had to accept the panoramic sunroof too.  It was worth it in order to get rid of the F150 Ecobust.

headejm

I just bought a new GMC Sierra 1500 w/ 3.0L Duramax turbo diesel. Only has 500 miles on it so I can't comment on towing or durability. It's got 460 lb-ft of torque and a 10-speed transmission so I'm assuming it will tow anything I need it to tow. Here's the kicker...drove it home 250 miles at about 73 mph and averaged 26.5 mpg. My old GMC 5.3L gasser would have been about 17.5 mpg. Big difference in fuel economy with just a small difference in fuel price. Fuel economy should improve on the diesel as it breaks in and we get out of winter.

FF376

Well that 1500 sold before I could see it. Then this 2500 popped up.... And followed me home... It's a local trade and VA truck, 22K miles, 6.4, limited slips with 3:73's and integrated trailer brakes. Tradesman model so nothing too fancy but really clean.

Finding something for a decent price that was optioned decently was difficult. A lot of rigs  around here are auction purchased and most seem to come from rust belt states....or are Laramie or Limited turned in off lease and out of my price range.

Thanks for everyone who offered opinions and guidance.

anlauto

NICE.....Any RAM is a good RAM !!! :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gzig5

Good looking truck.  I really wanted a Power Wagon, but don't need the 2500 hauling capacity and the 1500 rides nicer for the WI>FL and WI>TX road trips.  I got mine with 500 miles on it at the beginning of August and I have 13k miles on it already.  I almost wish I would have been able to get a Tradesman with a couple specific options but it was slim pickings.  Good luck