Main Menu

Looking to have a truck transported Socal to Wi.

Started by YellowThumper, August 20, 2018, 03:57:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

I have a Dakota that will be going from socal area to Wisconsin.
Anyone out there have or know of a hauler that could move item pick up and drop off locations could be vastly open. Current plan is for it to be driven back. IMOP not much of a plan.
Timing of said trip is also wide open.
Open trailer is ok.

Thanks.
Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

gzig5

A little late but I can't help on the transport.  I will advise that you get the truck underbody treated.  I move to SE WI from Northern California with my three year old 1998 Dakota which was in pristine condition and had 20k miles.  Within four years the underbody was completely rusty.  I traded it in for a new truck in 2012 with less than 100k miles on it.  Rust holes in rockers and throughout, brake lines burst from rust three times, exhaust fell off, etc...  Wisconsin is tough on vehicles that aren't prepped for the salt.

YellowThumper

Thanks for the advice and completely understand as I am originally from Wausau. Family member who lives there is purchasing it. He (a total car guy) gets to be the proud owner of a California trust free low mileage Dakota R/T 5.9. It will only be a summer truck.

Nothing worked out for transport so he will be flying west and driving it back to WI. No envy for that gas bill @ roughly 14 mpg.

Mike.

gzig5

BIGSHCLUNK

Yes we are (unfortunately) the road salt capitol of the world.........

JS29

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on August 31, 2018, 02:42:12 PM
Yes we are (unfortunately) the road salt capitol of the world.........
I thought we had that honor! Not that long ago the back roads only got sand on salt. now they mix it. State and county roads is all salt!   :pullinghair: :headbang:

BIGSHCLUNK

Where I am they literally have a mountain of it ready to go at any time......  :crying:

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YellowThumper

Quote from: gzig5 on August 31, 2018, 06:32:26 AM
Yeah, but it should be a fun drive!   :stayinlane:

Yes it has been. I had no problems purposely driving a bit sideways with it.
Time though for someone else. $$$ for Challenger in my future.

Mike.