Main Menu

New Member in Socal

Started by Andrewg, April 01, 2018, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

:welcome:  to the site nice challenger...

autoxcuda

Quote from: Andrewg on April 01, 2018, 08:14:55 PM
Wow,  what a welcome!  Looks like I have found a home here.

@autoxcuda   I'm out here in the Inland Empire, kind of far from Granada Hills. When are your meetings? Went out to Fall fling last year I'll be there for spring fling.

Our meetings are the 2nd Sunday of the month at 6pm at the Masonic Lodge (16535 Rinaldi St, Granada Hills, CA 91344) That's an awlful long haul from the I.E.

The Inland Mopar club puts on then Mopars In May show and is involved with the GNRS and other activities.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

autoxcuda

Quote from: Andrewg on April 01, 2018, 09:16:07 PM
Good to know about the parts quality. The local Mopar shop was talking about wilwood brakes last time I was in there. When it's all done, I'm not looking for a race car, just something that lives up to what it is, and is safe. Motor-wise, I think I'd like to end up closer to 450+hp with good driveability.

Id think a simple F-body spindle with 11.75 disk over the factory 10.75 would be a economical and realiable upgrade.

Are you thinking about rebuilding the motor, cam swap only and peripheral bolt ons, or head swap or???  Stock appearing with factory exhaust manifolds?

If you are rebuilding, I'd strongly consider a stroker kit. That will get 450hp easier while getting good drivability.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Chryco Psycho

I agree with the F body 11.75 rotor swap , 1 member here just did wilwood & it stops worse than a drum brake car now , still trying to figure out why other than before it had 6 pistons to move & now it has 20

JS29

:welcome: From central New York!  :wave:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site Andrew!  Car looks awesome!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

The Wilwood brakes are light and pretty but I think the OEM based parts stop better and are going to last longer. If you go to Dr. Diff's site he has really good parts and information. My last setup I bought spindles and brackets from him and rotors and calipars at the parts store to save shipping and border fees.
Sheldon

Andrewg

@70/6chall I'm in North Rialto. Looks like we're almost neighbors! Love the go mango color.

I'm going to see if I can get the current 383 running again first. After that, I'm pretty open to motor configurations, but it does seem like a stroker is the way to go.

Sounds like Dr diff is worth checking out.

Are there any kits for the f body brake swap?

autoxcuda

Quote from: Andrewg on April 02, 2018, 09:32:29 AM
@70/6chall I'm in North Rialto. Looks like we're almost neighbors! Love the go mango color.

I'm going to see if I can get the current 383 running again first. After that, I'm pretty open to motor configurations, but it does seem like a stroker is the way to go.

Sounds like Dr diff is worth checking out.

Are there any kits for the f body brake swap?

If you can find a Diplomat, Volare, Aspen at the Pick A Part still all you need is the spindle and the dust sheild and take the 10.75 caliper adapter since they will think it's part of the parts spindle.

Or find some at Spring Fling. The F/M/J spindles and dust sheilds are cheaper than the 73-76 ABody spindles. A-body one are around $150 used. But I haven't priced any in a while. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Then buy rotors, slider calipers, pads, hoses at Rock Auto or local parts place.

You'll need to buy 11.75 caliper adapters from Dr Diff new or find someone selling the used.

Dr diff adapters: http://www.doctordiff.com/disc-brake-slider-caliper-mounts-backets-for-11-3-4-rotor-upgrade.html

CudaMoparRay

70/6chall

Andrew........Will you be attending the Spring Fling at Woodley Park on April 14, this year? Couple of buddies and myself will most likely go and check it out. Since we are neighbors as you've said, PM me and we'll chat Mopar sometime.    Thanks,   Al

340challconvert

Hello and  :welcome:  from New Jersey
Nice Challenger   :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Andrewg

@70/6chall yep, I'm planning on going to spring fling on Saturday. I'll hit you up next week. It'll be cool to meet up with some fellow Mopar guys.

MoparDave

Welcome from Michigan. Nice Challenger.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

RusTy/SE

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach