Main Menu

Meeting with dad and told him good news

Started by Mopar Lady, September 09, 2020, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar Lady

Had a meeting with dad this morning,he is recovering at home from a quadruple bypass surgery he had last week which he came home on Monday.So far he is doing great and listening to the doctor.We talked about his change on retirement plans,was supposed to be in March and it will be in December now.He is 68 years old and knew this would change plans.I co own an auto repair shop with him and I become owner when he retires.My cousin Mike whom I co own a transmission repair shop with was there,he wants to become the new co owner and my dad is for it.He knows my cousin Mike and I work together very well.Plus I told him I am in the startings to buy the place we rent.The lady we rent from,she got the building from a divorce settlement and wants to sell.She encountered me last week Friday asking me if I would buy the place telling her yes.I saw we have the funds to buy the place,money set aside and she is asking for a good price for.My dad,he is 100% for it and is glad I looked the finances over good.It maybe end of this month or next month the purchase will be final doing the paperwork through a realtor doing it right

anlauto

Congratulations, sounds like you're moving in a terrific direction  :drinkingbud:  I hope your Father recovers well  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Sounds like the best idea for the situation!

Mopar Lady

My dad saw plans had to change after his quadruple bypass was done.I will do good after he retires still.Learned from him a lot through the years.Our landlord,nice lady and knows we always kept the building clean.

Skid Row

:bigthumb: Outstanding move, Many happy years with Dads recovery.

blown motor

Wow, lots of things are happening in your world. Good luck with shift of business structure and all the best to your dad.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Nice to hear some good news for a change, during these times. Congrats to you and all the best to your dad.

Mopar Lady

I know he will enjoy retirement,one is more time with my mom whom is also retired.Time with his grandkids as well,I gave him a grandson and two granddaughters whom are 20,18 and 15.So many memories,one is him knowing I was the military in the Marines using foul language at times.He calls my work area where I work in as Erin's corner

Chryco Psycho

Congrats , it sound like everything is falling into place perfectly  :banana: