Main Menu

Mopar, Autopar and Chryco

Started by blown motor, March 06, 2020, 07:12:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I was wondering how all these names played into the Chrysler world so I did a little research. Mopar is of course a combination of Motor and Parts. It was first used in the 1920s and introduced as a brand in 1937 to use on cans of Chrysler Motor Parts antifreeze. Chrysler parts in Canada were sold under the Autopar and Chryco names until the Mopar brand was introduced into Canada in the late 70s.
And now you know......the rest of the story.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cuda hunter

I have yet to run into any mopar cans.  Always looking for those.   

thanks for the info. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Cool Info , of course I have been familiar with all 3 for decades  :bigthumb:

blown motor

@cuda hunter  Here's one for you. I bought the can beside it but the Mopar one was a little tough for me.

larry4406

Cool!

My license plate is "MOPAR".  I've had it since 1980 I think it was.  I applied the date my state first started accepting applications for vanity plates.  I was in high school then...

cuda hunter

Quote from: blown motor on March 07, 2020, 06:22:10 AM
@cuda hunter  Here's one for you. I bought the can beside it but the Mopar one was a little tough for me.

What did it cost ya?  Looks nice and crusty!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

blown motor

I didn't buy the crusty Mopar can. Didn't inquire on the price of it. Paid $20 each for the two aerosol cans beside it.