Main Menu

Movie- The 24 Hour War

Started by Brads70, May 07, 2017, 07:25:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

If your a racing fan you REALLY need to watch this movie!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4875844/

I just finished watching it and loved it, great footage and driver commentaries .  :bradsthumb:
Mario Andretti actually came to Barrie Speedway  10 years or so back .I worked there as a tech inspector for 25 years.  I got to meet him. Great guy! Smaller than I had figured. At the time we had a new Viper for a pace car. I had it out on the track a couple of times ( great moment for me!) Andretti took it out on the track with a random fan from the grandstands and broke the track record! What a crazy night that was!
Sure miss that place now.... :(' :bye:  it was bulldozed to make a field for music festivals.  :headbang:

Chryco Psycho

is it on you tube ?
I guess they wanted a different type of music there  :bricks:

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 07, 2017, 07:39:44 PM
is it on you tube ?
I guess they wanted a different type of music there  :bricks:

I watched it via KODI ( not Cody!  :rofl:) it's a free download that you can install on your desktop , laptop , etc... to stream movie from the net. Google it?

Cuda Cody

Finally watched this movie.  It wasn't good....  It was freaking great!!!  :clapping:   If you have not watched The 24 Hour War yet, that's on you.  It was extremely well put together and I highly recommend taking the time to check it out.  Find it and watch it.  You will not be sorry.

Jay Bee

I found it on Netflix Canada, it's in my watch list now. Here's a review from the web, don't see 100% and 5 stars too often.

The 24 Hour War
A 2016 documentary film, produced and directed by Americans Nate Adams[55] and Adam Carolla,[56] features the Le Mans rivalry between Ferrari and Ford.[57] The production was well received critically, attaining a "100%" rating on review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes,[58] and a "five-star" rating on electronic commerce company Amazon.com.[59]

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on May 07, 2017, 07:25:25 PM
Should you watch it before or after going to the theatre to see Ford vs Ferrari?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on November 22, 2019, 07:56:44 AM
Should you watch it before or after going to the theatre to see Ford vs Ferrari?  :dunno:
Excellent question  :popcorn:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudino

Quote from: anlauto on November 22, 2019, 10:20:47 AM
Quote from: dodj on November 22, 2019, 07:56:44 AM
Excellent question  :popcorn:
I saw this 24 Hour War movie first, and then Ford vs. Ferrari blockbuster last night.  In my opinion it might have been better to watch them in the opposite order.  I loved both, but the Hollywood movie is more fictionalized and abbreviated, while the 24 Hour movie is more of a documentary.  So my opinion is that if you watch the blockbuster movie first you won't stumble on some of the things that the documentary mentions but the blockbuster just glosses over.

- Wade

Brads70

I just got in from seeing the new movie "Ford VS Ferrari "  I thought it was pretty good!  Gave me a new respect for Ken Miles.  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

I just watched the 24 war movie...interesting stuff  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

SO far I have not found the 24 hr War , not on youtube or on DVD

blown motor

I watched it last night on youTube here at home. It's also on US youTube.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: blown motor on November 25, 2019, 05:43:23 AM
I watched it last night on youTube here at home. It's also on US youTube.
Maybe you could serve up poor CP a link?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ClarkWGrizwald

Amazon Prime movie app:

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

chargerdon

i watched it on netflix...   great documentary...