Main Menu

Things are getting totally plum crazy around my house!

Started by GrandpaKevin, May 18, 2021, 06:52:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

Proud papa here.

My youngest daughter is busting her butt staying on the dean's list in college and working a busy job on the side.

She been saving her money and just bought her first car and although I tried to talk her into something more...practical.... the plum crazy Mopar urge was just too strong.

She is so very proud of her new plum crazy R/T Challenger.

Now we have 3 purple R/T Challenger....the insanity has to end. :drunk:

Time for grandpa to sell his Challenger and have his baby girl chauffeur him around in her's  :thinking:

JS29

anlauto

Wow, that's a great FIRST car :twothumbsup:  Is it a V6 or Hemi ? My son was finding a huge difference in insurance cost for young people...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: anlauto on May 19, 2021, 07:08:48 AM
  Is it a V6 or Hemi ?

The wheels are telling me it's an R/T, so it has the 5.7 Hemi.

What a great car for a deserving daughter !   :veryexcited:

anlauto

Yea, he mentioned R/T so I figured a  HEMI, but around here...a young kid can forget about insuring it  :bigmoney: :looney: it would cost more then the car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GrandpaKevin

Yes it's an R/T classic with the 5.7 Hemi engine and automatic transmission.

The original owner removed the R/T stripes, I kind of like it without them.

Real nice car, drives excellent, 43k miles, lots options and leather.

The 5.7 actually has quite a bit of power and the car scoots pretty good which does scare me a bit being a dad.

I didn't price insurance on a V6 but we added the car to our family policy and it was $280 for 6 months full coverage, nobody in our family has any tickets or accidents.
We will drop the insurance to comprehensive when we store it for the winter.

anlauto

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on May 19, 2021, 01:25:39 PM
Yes it's an R/T classic with the 5.7 Hemi engine and automatic transmission.

The original owner removed the R/T stripes, I kind of like it without them.

Real nice car, drives excellent, 43k miles, lots options and leather.

The 5.7 actually has quite a bit of power and the car scoots pretty good which does scare me a bit being a dad.

I didn't price insurance on a V6 but we added the car to our family policy and it was $280 for 6 months full coverage, nobody in our family has any tickets or accidents.
We will drop the insurance to comprehensive when we store it for the winter.

That's awesome !!!  You guys are so lucky in the States :unitedstates:

My 18 year old son was quoted on a 2011 Charger w/Hemi  approximately $280 for two weeks insurance....YES you read that correct...$550 per month...over $6.6K year...extremely clean driving record and driver training courses as well... :dunno: That's $18/day :tired:

Beautiful car for a beautiful young lady....You and your wife must be so proud... :drinkingbud:

GrandpaKevin

[/quote]

That's awesome !!!  You guys are so lucky in the States :unitedstates:

My 18 year old son was quoted on a 2011 Charger w/Hemi  approximately $280 for two weeks insurance....YES you read that correct...$550 per month...over $6.6K year...extremely clean driving record and driver training courses as well... :dunno: That's $18/day :tired:

[/quote]

WOW :o  Sorry to hear that.
No way my daughter could afford that either.