Main Menu

Nasty crash this morning...

Started by anlauto, May 08, 2021, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Who's out beating on their car at 7:15 in the morning ? :looney:
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/two-killed-in-fiery-mississauga-crash
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

7E-Bodies

After 12 years as an EMT on a volunteer squad, I saw too much of this. Very sad.

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on May 08, 2021, 04:40:00 PM
Who's out beating on their car at 7:15 in the morning ?
They were probably still up from night before?

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 08, 2021, 08:05:29 PM
After 12 years as an EMT on a volunteer squad, I saw too much of this. Very sad.
Sad.  And it must be tough on responders. Don't think I could do that job.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

About a month ago, about a half mile east of me a guy ran a red light and obliterated a sedan pulling out of a shopping center and its 3 occupants were killed instantly.
Get this, it was 7:45 on a Sunday morning and they determined the guy was driving 108 mph!
The speed limit there is 35 mph.  The driver was in his 20s and they said drugs were involved.  Of course he lived.  ::)

https://www.mountprospect.org/Home/Components/News/News/9242/1042

A couple years ago about a mile south of me, a man, his wife and their 19 year old daughter were making a left turn into a YMCA at 9:00 pm on a weekday evening, where the daughter was going to play in a game, and got creamed by a kid in a Mercedes going 135 mph in a 40 mph zone.  Everyone was killed except the kids passenger who was badly injured.  The couples 2 middle school aged children were orphaned.
The kid, some Eastern European immigrant, had an extensive driving violation record but was still out legally driving for some reason.
This is a crowded suburban area not out in the country someplace.

https://patch.com/illinois/desplaines/driver-nearly-3-times-over-limit-horrific-des-plaines-crash-killed-family

What's the heck is the matter with these people?  I don't see what they are doing as being any less dangerous than firing a gun into a crowd and should be treated the same by the law!  :alan2cents:

fc7cuda

Kinda makes you wonder if car speeds should be governed based on the speed limit in their area via on board GPS.  Still won't fix drunk or stupid.

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on May 09, 2021, 08:47:20 AM
About a month ago, about a half mile east of me a guy ran a red light and obliterated a sedan pulling out of a shopping center and its 3 occupants were killed instantly.
Get this, it was 7:45 on a Sunday morning and they determined the guy was driving 108 mph!
The speed limit there is 35 mph.  The driver was in his 20s and they said drugs were involved.  Of course he lived.  ::)

https://www.mountprospect.org/Home/Components/News/News/9242/1042

Come on....seriously.....Garrett M. Kowalski  must run in the family  :burnout:

cuda hunter

Quote from: fc7cuda on May 09, 2021, 08:54:56 AM
Kinda makes you wonder if car speeds should be governed based on the speed limit in their area via on board GPS.  Still won't fix drunk or stupid.

Absolutely disagree with this.  They will not take my freedoms away in this manner.  The entire population can not be punished because of the actions of the few. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I don't see what they are doing as being any less dangerous than firing a gun into a crowd and should be treated the same by the law! 

Quite a different argument.  Transportation was set aside in the 5th amendment. Very different set of liberties.
As we all know the 2nd amendment guarantees us the right to keep arms in the specific case of our own government becoming tyrants so that the American people can kill them.

The "party" that goes after guns every day of my entire life can not go after cars in the same way.  Just too many differences and too many different situations. 

What is being done is that insurance companies gps track your car/truck and "offer" you lower rates because your a good driver.  This hits people in the pocket book and subliminally creates better drivers.  However some of us absolutely refuse to get such devices as our insurance would go up.  I pull g's on very dangerous corners and drive quite fast.  Never in slow zones or know children areas.  EVER!!   But more laws against cars are going to do nothing to help 90% of this car culture right here. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

@anlauto , you could restore that if it was a cuda right? 

JH27N0B

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 09, 2021, 09:37:03 AM
  I don't see what they are doing as being any less dangerous than firing a gun into a crowd and should be treated the same by the law! 

Quite a different argument.  Transportation was set aside in the 5th amendment. Very different set of liberties.
As we all know the 2nd amendment guarantees us the right to keep arms in the specific case of our own government becoming tyrants so that the American people can kill them.

The "party" that goes after guns every day of my entire life can not go after cars in the same way.  Just too many differences and too many different situations. 

What is being done is that insurance companies gps track your car/truck and "offer" you lower rates because your a good driver.  This hits people in the pocket book and subliminally creates better drivers.  However some of us absolutely refuse to get such devices as our insurance would go up.  I pull g's on very dangerous corners and drive quite fast.  Never in slow zones or know children areas.  EVER!!   But more laws against cars are going to do nothing to help 90% of this car culture right here.
I certainly don't mean to make this a gun issue especially since I'm a "gun nut" myself.  :)
What I'm saying is that doing something reckless and very likely to cause death or injuries to others should be a serious felony with prison time.  Driving 100 mph down streets in congested areas, shooting a gun into a crowd, throwing bricks off an overpass into traffic below, are some examples of what I'm talking about.
There's a big difference between driving 100 plus on a highway out in the country, and driving 100 down a street where there are traffic lights every half mile, side streets, people and kids on adjacent sidewalks etc.  On the highway there's a somewhat increased risk to you and others due to your speeding.  In the congested areas there is a very high risk to others due to your recklessness.
I would go as far as to call it "attempted manslaughter", as by doing it, you know or should have known you are creating a high probability of killing an innocent person.

7E-Bodies

Reckless Endangerment is an applicable charge. In some cases it may lock the offender up under felony counts. I carried a beautiful 7 year old girl, lifeless, from a head-on caused by a good for nothing texter. She went to prison. A way safer place than meeting up with the girl's father. The other occupant was a 5 year old girl, snapped C2. Now paralyzed from the neck down. I got the "easy" part. Remembering the scene, futile CPR, and carrying her. It never goes away. Slow down. Put down the #%^*ing phone, and think about others.

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 09, 2021, 09:37:37 AM
@anlauto , you could restore that if it was a cuda right?

Sure, time and MONEY is all it takes... :haha: :haha: :haha:

cuda hunter

Quote from: JH27N0B on May 09, 2021, 10:01:36 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 09, 2021, 09:37:03 AM

I certainly don't mean to make this a gun issue especially since I'm a "gun nut" myself.  :)
What I'm saying is that doing something reckless and very likely to cause death or injuries to others should be a serious felony with prison time.  Driving 100 mph down streets in congested areas, shooting a gun into a crowd, throwing bricks off an overpass into traffic below, are some examples of what I'm talking about.
There's a big difference between driving 100 plus on a highway out in the country, and driving 100 down a street where there are traffic lights every half mile, side streets, people and kids on adjacent sidewalks etc.  On the highway there's a somewhat increased risk to you and others due to your speeding.  In the congested areas there is a very high risk to others due to your recklessness.
I would go as far as to call it "attempted manslaughter", as by doing it, you know or should have known you are creating a high probability of killing an innocent person.

I get ya.  Wasn't really trying to make it all 2nd amendment and all.  I agree with the attempted manslaughter.  That would sure make people think about it.