Main Menu

Need help from the B body crowd

Started by blown motor, October 30, 2018, 07:39:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Check out this ad and give me your opinion on price/value please. The price would work out to about $49,000 US. I'm not real well versed on B bodies but I believe that 68s are higher priced and if this was a 68 it might be in line, but a bit high for a 69.

Thanks for your help.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/barrie/1969-dodge-charger-r-t/1394494207?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

xx88man

The 69 Chargers have a large following also. I keep an eye on 68 and 69 cars because I love them too. IMO it's priced reasonably obviously depending on condition.
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

If it's an original TX9 black RT....pretty much the holy grail of 69 Chargers.....worth every penny of $65K if it's not a bondo bucket :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Murray I PM 'd you with the owners facebook profile...
I don't know him other than from on facebook. Lives in Collingwood. Nice looking car!

RUNCHARGER

I agree: It seems to be in line with what they are listed for the last few years. I don't know anyone that has actually paid that much for one though and I would not pay it myself for a 4 barrel car. That is not to say it isn't "worth it" though.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

"Triple Black" ?   Wrong color stripe ? or Missing vinyl top ?   Hope it's wrong color stripe !! Nice.

303 Mopar

Any non-rust bucket black '68-'69 RT you can find for $49k is a good deal!  I would suggest going to look at in person and beyond the usual rust spots in the trunk, rockers, lower quarters and fenders pay specific attention to the corners of the dutchman panel. The sail panel extensions trapped water all along the rear window and this is a notorious spot for rust on the 2nd gen Chargers. 

BIGSHCLUNK

Rich G.

Not the friendliest guy trying to sell a car. Some of the prices he paid are pretty crazy. 12k for the engine rebuild, 2K for repop bumpers. You'd have to see this in person definitely. Pictures lie and he ain't sending you any more!

Brads70

Quote from: Rich G. on October 31, 2018, 09:46:33 AM
Not the friendliest guy trying to sell a car. Some of the prices he paid are pretty crazy. 12k for the engine rebuild, 2K for repop bumpers. You'd have to see this in person definitely. Pictures lie and he ain't sending you any more!

Remember he is in Canada so you would need to convert to US dollars and factor in shipping parts which is insane up here...... I can see his prices he listed for the most part.  I'd bet you couldn't build that up here for $65K Canadian.... Not saying if he will or will not get his price but I get it.

blown motor

Thanks for your help everyone. I went and looked at the car. He posted it yesterday evening and at 3:30 today I was the third one to look at it. He has more people coming tomorrow.

For 65K (49K US) it needed to be flawless and it was far from it. Multiple paint imperfections, small dents in trim and grille, loose rear interior panel, air shocks, small dent above passenger side door handle and on and on. I drove two and half hours to get there and then he says he hasn't decided for sure if he's going to sell it! WTF.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on October 31, 2018, 04:41:16 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. I went and looked at the car. He posted it yesterday evening and at 3:30 today I was the third one to look at it. He has more people coming tomorrow.

For 65K (49K US) it needed to be flawless and it was far from it. Multiple paint imperfections, small dents in trim and grille, loose rear interior panel, air shocks, small dent above passenger side door handle and on and on. I drove two and half hours to get there and then he says he hasn't decided for sure if he's going to sell it! WTF.

Wow that sounds disappointing!  Air shocks?? What the heck!
Take your time the right car will come around!
If you end up needing someone to sit shotgun on a roadtrip let me know...?
You have great taste in cars though!  :yes:

Cudajason

Ouch!  With his attitude and price it should be damn near flawless!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Wow that sounds disappointing!  Air shocks?? What the heck!
Take your time the right car will come around!
If you end up needing someone to sit shotgun on a roadtrip let me know...?
You have great taste in cars though!  :yes:

Sorry, that sucks.  So many are falsely advertised or hiding things or still attached and think they are flawless.  But you could have made a $49k mistake, so glad you went to see it.