Main Menu

New Dodge Demon

Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

In the last few days I've heard of 2 friends selling their Hellcats.  Not sure if it's because of the Demon, but it's about to get real interesting.  I saw Dan Zimmerman was posting some links to videos, but not much info in terms of specs yet?  Has anyone heard any HP numbers or price?   :clueless:

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 20, 2017, 09:47:45 AM

The question is how far in the dust will the Hellcats be.

There will be some pissed folks but I'm glad I waited.  :veryexcited:

MEK-Dangerous

As I understood it back then, Dodge did away with the name Demon because they got flack for it having a satanic name. So they called it a Dart sport after that.

It's hard to believe in this politically correct world we live in now, the Demon name will go over well. Maybe I'm wrong?   :dunno:

I can't wait to hear more info about it and see some actual pictures.

blown motor

I don't believe that anyone with an interest in muscle cars and in particular, the Demon, will have an issue with the name. Some people might be offended but they won't be the ones buying IMO so I doubt it will affect sales. I'm sure Dodge has weighed this out very carefully.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 20, 2017, 10:26:27 AM
In the last few days I've heard of 2 friends selling their Hellcats.  Not sure if it's because of the Demon, but it's about to get real interesting.  I saw Dan Zimmerman was posting some links to videos, but not much info in terms of specs yet?  Has anyone heard any HP numbers or price?   :clueless:

No numbers yet, it is supposed to debut at the NY auto show in April.

As for the name Demon, its not much more satanic or politically incorrect than Hellcat.  The weight of the Challenger was always the biggest knock on it, so it looks like Dodge addressed that and added HP.  With the retirement of the Viper I think they needed something to step up in the performance category one notch above the Hellcat. 

I just love the attitude that Dodge has, and seems to have always had, giving the rest of the "electric" and "self-driving" car manufactures the middle finger with these massive powered cars. 

Cuda Cody

Dan let me know that his lips must be  :-X for now, but he'll let us know as soon as he can about the details.  The way he made it sound made me think this is going to be huge!

303 Mopar

Well Hot Rod Magazine announced the new twin-turbo Hellcat engine under the code name "Lucifer" which produces more than 800 horsepower. Will this be the engine that will be fitted in the new Demon?   :vipermanhiding:

HP_Cuda

It's a possibility, would love to know how they plan to inter-cool both turbos.

This is starting to get real fun  :popcorn:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

My buddy called me today and said he put a deposit down on one.  He did the same thing with the Hellcat when it came out.  Put a deposit down and end up paying $20k over sticker to have the first one.  This Demon is going to be big!!!!

Quote from: roadman on January 23, 2017, 06:14:50 PM
   Just tripped over this.   http://ht.ly/Kwez308h0og

HP_Cuda

So the two big questions I have is:

1) How much weight has been lost over the Hellcat?
2) Will this be a twin turbo setup or is it still supercharger driven?

Putting down a deposit before you even see the car, man your buddy must be a diehard.

:bigmoney:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ec_co

I'm hearing about a 200lb weight reduction, but that is just rumor right now. but there WILL be weight reduction, it is part of the Demon design.

I know a dealer in SC that has one on order (he is the biggest CDJ dealer in the SWest and only had 1 allocated ...... ), but it will probably go to a Carolina Panther from what I hear

if anyone is wanting one and can't locate, I *might* be able to help locate a dealer that is getting one.

I also wonder if Roseville is getting any allocated? I would think so. Dave ....... Dave ......
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

61K T/A

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on January 20, 2017, 10:45:25 AM
As I understood it back then, Dodge did away with the name Demon because they got flack for it having a satanic name. So they called it a Dart sport after that.

It's hard to believe in this politically correct world we live in now, the Demon name will go over well. Maybe I'm wrong?   :dunno:

I can't wait to hear more info about it and see some actual pictures.

New Jersey Devils hockey team has a HUGE fan base (including me). Maybe we're all devils inside?  >:D

Topcat

Quote from: ec_co on January 24, 2017, 10:04:27 AM
I'm hearing about a 200lb weight reduction, but that is just rumor right now. but there WILL be weight reduction, it is part of the Demon design.

I know a dealer in SC that has one on order (he is the biggest CDJ dealer in the SWest and only had 1 allocated ...... ), but it will probably go to a Carolina Panther from what I hear

if anyone is wanting one and can't locate, I *might* be able to help locate a dealer that is getting one.

I also wonder if Roseville is getting any allocated? I would think so. Dave ....... Dave ......

So if they are going to be made, when do they reach dealerships?

303 Mopar

New video called "The Body".  Good news is it does not appear to have fender flares like some suspected.   :stayinlane:

But I do see more than two tire stripes at the end, hmmmm.  AWD?

ViperMan

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 26, 2017, 06:10:46 AM
New video called "The Body".  Good news is it does not appear to have fender flares like some suspected.   :stayinlane:

But I do see more than two tire stripes at the end, hmmmm.  AWD?

I HIGHLY doubt they'll get ~800 hp to function in an AWD car without detonating the transfer case or viscous clutch.  Even Audi can't push that kind of power through their AWD systems, and theirs are some of the best in the world.

I just see massive rear tires, which is something Hellcat owners have wished for since day one.  Grip, baby grip!!