Main Menu

New Dodge Demon

Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Word is the Demon will only come with one seat.  Passenger and rear seats removed to save weight.  If that's the case, I'll bet you will be able to order the Demon with an "optional" passenger seat.

HP_Cuda

Go a step further and get a seat that is removable fairly easily.

Best of both worlds.

When is the next vid coming out? Nm it looks like Thursdays until the April launch.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ec_co

wow, 19lbs just for the sway bars. seems more like a 1/4 mile car than a track car (like if it was going to be the Viper interim replacement), very interesting. crazy they are dropping all the extra seats, that really limits your focal market and is just .... interesting .... considering how long and drawn out they are taking the reveal.

:thinking:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

I remember when Dodge came out with the Viper ACR (American Club Racer) in 1999.  They took the radio out to make it lighter.  But they let you "Add" it back as an option (for more money).  A lot of people bought the radio back! :rofl:  They charge you more money for a lighter "race" car by taking the radio out but for even little more money they'll sell it you back to you.  We used to joke the first Viper ACR's was a $20,000 plague option.  You did get some cool BBS wheels though.

I'm going to guess that you'll be able to "buy" the option to have the passenger seat back.  Just a guess.  :dunno:

blown motor

So then it's not really 250 lbs lighter because you're not comparing apples to apples. What a sham!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Markp

I don't like the fender flares or the Mustang GT 500 mamba hood. I don't think I would trade my Hellcat for it unless they go really crazy with the HP. Plus it's probably going to be a lot more expensive then a Hellcat which was already more then I could really afford.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

HP_Cuda

I can see it now, all those Hellcat owners gettin stomped by the Demon only helps future Demon sales.

Maybe the Demon hardens back to a day when they had to make a certain amount of cars to compete in different event types. (Ie nascar) Still haven't figured out if this is just a full on drag car or something more.

We shall see

Markp

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 02, 2017, 09:13:14 AM
I can see it now, all those Hellcat owners gettin stomped by the Demon only helps future Demon sales.

Maybe the Demon hardens back to a day when they had to make a certain amount of cars to compete in different event types. (Ie nascar) Still haven't figured out if this is just a full on drag car or something more.

We shall see

I really don't want to get stomped. :crying: The Demons will be very limited production cars. There are things I like about the Demon and things I don't. The HP and 1/4 mile times will make me decide if it worth selling the Hellcat for one. If I can even get one who knows as I am sure dealer markups will make the car very expensive and limited production numbers will make this car very very hard to get. I had to wait a year for my Hellcat.

Cuda Cody

New video is up.  This is starting to look like a drag package only.   :huh:  You get your own custom tool box?

http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

The Demon Crate holds 18 components that maximize the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon's flexibility, exclusivity and future collectability.  Each Demon Crate is personalized for its owner with a serialized name plate.

Markp

It will be a lower level then drag pak. It is for the weekend warrior that doesn't have a race team. I may have to sell the Hellcat for this. :pullinghair:

HP_Cuda

Dang it this will be very hard to resist.

It seems the tools are there for when you hit the track and want to put on slicks, etc.

:wowzers:

70chall440

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 01, 2017, 07:37:33 PM
I remember when Dodge came out with the Viper ACR (American Club Racer) in 1999.  They took the radio out to make it lighter.  But they let you "Add" it back as an option (for more money).  A lot of people bought the radio back! :rofl:  They charge you more money for a lighter "race" car by taking the radio out but for even little more money they'll sell it you back to you.  We used to joke the first Viper ACR's was a $20,000 plague option.  You did get some cool BBS wheels though.

I'm going to guess that you'll be able to "buy" the option to have the passenger seat back.  Just a guess.  :dunno:

How true, the radio and AC were optional on the ACRs but something like 80% of the buyers opted for both (mine has them both)... but you still got the good shocks, smooth inlet tubes, 5 pt harness and cool stickers and small plaque  8)
Mopar or no car!!!

303 Mopar

Holy moly!!   :wowzers:

Cuda Cody

Where did you hear that?  Not sure I can believe it yet....  :notsure: