Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Did anyone find out what the numbers on the plate mean?  There's no way Dodge picked random numbers after going through all this trouble to tell us each and every number means something and not use those spots to tell us something.

757 HP?

1121 = ?

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

303 Mopar

Quote from: blown motor on February 17, 2017, 06:08:51 AM
Clearly 315 in the video.
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 16, 2017, 09:54:20 PM
I didn't see 815 in the video.  Watched it again and it's a 315 to my eyes.  Photochopped?

I pulled the pic off the dodge site here - http://www.dodge.com/assets/images/sed/magazine/mag1/wall-full-video6.jpg

HP_Cuda

757 HP = Black key

1121 HP = Red key with high octane fuel (guessing here and out on a limb, for this to happen and it's a stretch - you would have to do pulley changes to up the psi on the blower, modify map settings, open cutouts, etc) Most likely this is not going to happen but even with a 1121 torque number doesn't match up because:

The 2017 Hellcat which this is a derivative of generates 707 horsepower and 650 foot-pounds of torque.

I get the feeling these numbers are put out there to mislead you. If someone had gone through and taken the Hellcat and boosted its numbers with a bunch of mods like blower, motor, etc then your would be gaining more than 50hp. The base motor is around 490hp and they have almost doubled the psi going into the motor.

Now I can believe 815 can be the hp number. But I watched the video again and it was 315 and now it's changed on the dodge site?

Cuda Cody

I don't think they are trying to mislead anyone.   :notsure:  They are going out of their way to give us specific facts and details with each and every video release.  Dodge has stated "nothing is a coincidence and everything means something".

I'm going with the 757 is the HP.  They did the same thing when they release sneak peaks of the Hellcat.  Here's how they told everyone the HP...

HP_Cuda

When I say mislead I mean the 1121 number doesn't have anything to do with torque.

That number is so far out of range it doesn't make sense. It does have to do with something but ?????

ec_co

also remember that the current Hellcat only uses a 2.4ltr SuperCharger and there are bigger ones available. Kenne Bell has the biggest I believe @ 4.7ltrs

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/SC_pg/Dodge/layouts/Dodge.htm

Karl Schello's 1600HP Hemi began with a little bare bones front inlet 2.3 TVS kit in 2010, followed by an upgrade to a larger more efficient Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth Kit for 1000HP. Over the years, Karl has tested each of the Kenne Bell kits (3.6, 4.2 and 4.7 BIGUN) on his record breaking Dodge – all with the proven and dominating rear inlet concept (no jackshaft or extra "turn" to get to cool outside air) pioneered by Kenne Bell in the 90's. The latest 10/30/15 Flying Mile run at a mere 1000HP (all the HP trans would hold) and 15 psi street boost was 206.4. Next time out with new trans, 24 psi and 1600HP should be 220+mph. And this is with the stock ECM. Tuned by A.J. Berge, Hemi Tuner on Kenne Bell temperature controlled dyno.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

If it is 757 HP, does that change anyone's mind that was going to buy one?  Would you be disappointed?  Lets think this through....

At 757 HP they will sell every single one they can make for a few years.  That much HP and if they can keep it under 80k they will have a winner.  With the wider tires and lighter weight it will pretty much be king of the street in stock form.

So why go 800, 850 or more?  They can make and sell all the 757 HP Demons they want for a few years and then make the next step.  If and or when someone goes to 800+ HP the hype, press, and customers get all excited again.... and spending sprees start all over.   :alan2cents:

HP_Cuda

I doubt Dodge is going to move away from IHI for it's superchargers and to Kenny Bell.

They will want to sell something street-able yet have a ton of fun at the track.

Quote from: ec_co on February 17, 2017, 09:51:15 AM
also remember that the current Hellcat only uses a 2.4ltr SuperCharger and there are bigger ones available. Kenne Bell has the biggest I believe @ 4.7ltrs

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/SC_pg/Dodge/layouts/Dodge.htm

Karl Schello's 1600HP Hemi began with a little bare bones front inlet 2.3 TVS kit in 2010, followed by an upgrade to a larger more efficient Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth Kit for 1000HP. Over the years, Karl has tested each of the Kenne Bell kits (3.6, 4.2 and 4.7 BIGUN) on his record breaking Dodge – all with the proven and dominating rear inlet concept (no jackshaft or extra "turn" to get to cool outside air) pioneered by Kenne Bell in the 90's. The latest 10/30/15 Flying Mile run at a mere 1000HP (all the HP trans would hold) and 15 psi street boost was 206.4. Next time out with new trans, 24 psi and 1600HP should be 220+mph. And this is with the stock ECM. Tuned by A.J. Berge, Hemi Tuner on Kenne Bell temperature controlled dyno.

HP_Cuda

Would I be disapointed?

Well that depends, if the price point is 90k as I have heard from several different sources and the Hellcat puts out 707 then yeah I would be disappointed.

I am only stating that it should be more than 757hp just purely based off the clues to the supercharger already. We are going from under one atmosphere to over that. There are a lot of variables here but I can only go off what has been put out there.

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 17, 2017, 09:52:53 AM
If it is 757 HP, does that change anyone's mind that was going to buy one?  Would you be disappointed?  Lets think this through....

At 757 HP they will sell every single one they can make for a few years.  That much HP and if they can keep it under 80k they will have a winner.  With the wider tires and lighter weight it will pretty much be king of the street in stock form.

So why go 800, 850 or more?  They can make and sell all the 757 HP Demons they want for a few years and then make the next step.  If and or when someone goes to 800+ HP the hype, press, and customers get all excited again.... and spending sprees start all over.   :alan2cents:

ec_co

i'm not saying they will be using KB products, just that it is very doable to reach those numbers with a bigger supercharger - they could just ask IHI to build them a 3ltr or 4ltr version for the Demon.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

HP_Cuda

A bigger supercharger would be sticking out of the hood.

I know they can reach these numbers but making a street-able version that can have a warranty for at least 3 years might be a challenge.

Quote from: ec_co on February 17, 2017, 02:39:25 PM
i'm not saying they will be using KB products, just that it is very doable to reach those numbers with a bigger supercharger - they could just ask IHI to build them a 3ltr or 4ltr version for the Demon.

Brads70

Thought just occurred to me....with the name Demon they should make it produce 666 foot pounds of torque ! Seeing how they are already past that in HP all that's left is torque  :))

HP_Cuda

Oh boy, the hp/torque figures if true would make the Demon real nasty. 900hp and around the same torque. wow

Maybe it's a black key red key thing. Black key = 757hp and Red key = 900hp. ?????

Forget about the gas budget, the tire budget will be even worse!!!

:wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers:
:popcorn:

This just got real interesting!!! :veryexcited: