Main Menu

New Dodge Demon

Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Hennessy trying to get in on the rage. Don't blame them but it's stil not production ... as you say.

Also - and I make no claim of knowing or its validity, but on several other forums people were raging on them bad about ripping people off. Haters or asshats?  No idea. The more I tried to research the more i found bitching. Whatever that's worth.

Moparman82

I miss the good ole days when Hennessy just built bad ass vipers.  I remember when his 2001 viper Hennessy Venom 800 (830hp) ran 9.97 on slicks, still have that motor trend mag around here somewhere
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Moparman82 on April 28, 2017, 02:50:34 PM
I miss the good ole days when Hennessy just built bad ass vipers.  I remember when his 2001 viper Hennessy Venom 800 (830hp) ran 9.97 on slicks, still have that motor trend mag around here somewhere

He also built fast Mitsubishi 3000GT's

http://hennesseyperformance.com/where-it-all-began-making-fast-cars-faster/

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HP_Cuda

Quick call the whambulance.  :rubeyes:

Guess it was just a matter of time before the complaining began.   :bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

303 Mopar

Looks like the Demon will be $86,093 with seats and crate.  It does have more options too like an 18 speaker Harman Kardon sound system, leather front seats, and a $5,000 sunroof.  With all options it is $97,273.  Remember, along with the cash you still need to be lucky enough to snag one of the 3000 US or 300 CAN Demons.

http://www.allpar.com/news/2017/05/demon-priced-from-86093-with-crate-and-seats-37641

Cuda Cody

Great price for what you they are giving you.  A lot of people will be standing in line to buy one.   :lookatthat:

Chryco Psycho

So is this the ultimate Chall or will there be a even more radical Chall in approx 2 years as we hit the 50th anniversary  :notsure:   :rubeyes:

HP_Cuda

I'm pretty surprised at the pricing but then again you have to figure they put a good deal of thought into this to sell 3000 Demons.

If they priced it higher you may have some just sitting.

Price elasticity and all...
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

7212Mopar

FOB, Gas guzzler tax and dealer markups on top of that. I think I get a used Viper instead.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

MEK-Dangerous

There are 3000 Demons allocated to the U.S.

Do you think any dealership here will sell one for less than 20K above sticker price??

MOPAR FANATIC

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on May 25, 2017, 02:11:35 PM

Do you think any dealership here will sell one for less than 20K above sticker price??

8) So mike,is won allocated to replace your fc7? lol  :takemymoney:

Cuda Cody

You're probably right.... I would not think anything under $20 over MSRP will get you one.  Real true out of pocket expense to own a Demon is most likely going to be over $100K for the first run.

I'm still saving up for a Hellcat, not sure how I'm going to afford a Demon now.   :Thud:

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on May 25, 2017, 02:11:35 PM

Marc70challenger

From my understanding, all Demons have to be ordered.  With that order is a persons name - which goes to the engravings.

I wonder how that will play in the MSRP+pack$?   Buying car with someone else's name.

Or ... when you order .. the dealer says ... my price is MSRP +?  After all, its suggested retail.  All that anti-price fixing stuff!

Moparman82

My local dealer called me to let me know they will be doing demon orders at msrp, maybe it's just a Midwest thing, I remember my local dealer back in Cali getting 25k over for the first 08 chally they got
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!